• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anxious & Confused... Familiar to ANYONE?

RoseyPosey13

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, and I hate for one of my first posts to be so negative. I want to start off by telling everyone how excited I am to have this little nugget inside me.

Right before we found out we were expecting my Mother In-Law violently ended her life. We had moved to this area to be closer to my In-Laws and my Step Daughter. And this was and has been very difficult on all of us. To help out my father in law per his request, we paid for the entire funeral, sold our home, and moved in with him. As crazy as it is, our home sold in 3 weeks. In a one month period we went from planning funeral to packing and moving in with my Father In Law.

We've been here for a little over 2 months now and I'm at my wits end. It's like the only reason I'm here is to cook and clean. I also work 8-5 Monday through Friday (like most women). I come home to a mess in the kitchen most days, and a FIL that has been smoking pot the majority of the day. I HATE drugs. Hate hate hate drugs.

When i discussed these issues with my Darling Hubby he let me know I needed to get over it. Long story short I'm 9 weeks pregnant and stressed out of my mind.

Advice, anyone? PLEASE?

OMG hun, that sounds like a terrible position to be in. Especially when you are pregnant. Was your FIL a drug user before his wife's death or is it something he's doing to cope? Why did you agree to move in with him? What is your DH doing to help the situation?

You've asked for advice and I can only say what I would do - I'd take some of the money from your house sale and I'd find somewhere else to live on a temporary basis. I wouldn't be happy cooking and cleaning for your DH and FIL while the latter sits around and gets stoned. I hate people smoking around me, especially when pregnant. And if my DH told me to 'get over it' I'd empty our bank accounts and be gone! I'd give him the option of coming too after he sorts his father out, but I would refuse to turn my life upside down for someone who doesn't appreciate it.

I'd leave. Sorry...I wouldn't be okay with living with a pot smoker...not legal where I live and wouldn't want baby to be exposed. Sounds o me like he's taking advnantage of you.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

This is a really tricky situation as obviously your FIL is still dealing with grief so you don't want to be too harsh, and your OH isn't very sympathetic to the problems you're having.

However now that you're pregnant you have the right to stand up for yourself and your child and not accept the situation any more.

I'd suggest telling your OH that you want to move in the new year. I think it's enough time after the death of your MIL whilst still leaving enough time for you to get settled in a new home before baby is here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->