any 40+ year old mamas?

vkj73

Reaction score
I posted something similar on the 2nd trimester section, so I thought I'd carry it over to the 3rd trimester.

Any 40+ mamas out there?

How has your experience been so far?

So far for me, I think it's my own self-consciousness about being an "older" mom. Up to this point, the doctor and midwives really haven't mentioned my age.

One concern I have is as I get closer to my due date and maintaining a healthy placenta.

Hope to hear from other mamas:hugs:

Hey there Mama. I'm 40 and expecting twins. No one has mentioned my age much---so thoughtful!

Hi! I'm 40 as well and this will be my second child. I have an almost 2 year old. I'll be 41 when this one is born. My midwife never mentions age and I think for the most part it is not that much higher of a risk. Doctors just like to take a lot of precautions and try to control everything cause it is a precious thing you are carrying. But I wouldn't worry too much about your age as long as you are healthy and having a healthy pregnancy.

Hi I'm 40 as well. I think I feel self conscious too but no one else has really mentioned it. I've struggled a bit time round as I be a two year old and I guess I don't get to sit down as much. Also suffering from insomnia which is horrible!:growlmad:

41 here just had a baby girl in November got three more two boys 18, 16 and another girl 9 , age wasn't mentioned much in my pregnancy more implied lol was the oldest on the ward after I had her but was good as was left to it has was deemed be knowing what I was doing lol xxxx

Also 40, will be 2 months shy of 41 when this little one comes along. The further along Im getting the more exhausted I am. Seems much harder than my first pregnancy but then I didnt have a 20 month old to chase either.

Age doesnt get mentioned much, but I am under care by the Senior Consultants instead of midwives this time around. Im guessing thats because of my age and that I developed pre-eclampsia last time.

I'm 41 and will be 1 month from 42 when I give birth. I'm a first time mom. No one mentions my age but my Dr.'s and they do it ALL the time. It seems to effect everything. But I also think they are extra cautious because I have not been able to carry a baby to term (multiple MC) and this is my first. My age lets them monitor me and the baby very closely and my insurance will pay for it. Sometimes I do worry about all the sonos I'm getting though.

thanks everyone!

it's nice to not feel alone.

my goal is to stay healthy, positive, and enjoy this special time.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->