Any advice for a newbie?

okciv

3girls, 1 lives in heaven
Reaction score
My little girl was born at 29+5 on the 19th October. She was 2lb 9oz and has put on weight now.
She was on CPAP for her first night and is now on and off oxygen. She seems to be doing well but after losing her twin I just can't get my hopes up and keep thinking the worst :( :( :( :(

Any advice for me?

Congratulations on the birth of your little girls and I am very sorry Abi couldn't stay with you.

Unfortunately I can relate to how you are feeling. I gave birth to twin girls in january and my second twin Rebecca only lived for one day. I spent the whole time Holly was in hospital never believing she would come home and the day she did was very surreal.

It is still incredibly early days for you so at the moment just take things a day at a time and try and take some timeout for yourself and if you need to have a good cry then do so as it does help.

While I don't think it is something I will ever get over and i still get upset about. I promise it does get easier. The good hours gradually become good days.

To be off cpap and only needing oxygen sometimes at Eve's gestation is really good.

Feel free to pm me anytime.

Thinking of you.

Take care xx

Firstly congratulations Mom! feel sorry for demise of twin girl.

Am happy to learn that ur little fighter is now OFF CPAP, and now is on and off nasal canula. These are very good signs that she is capable of coping up to the atmospheric oxygen.

Am sure she will do better by days....all we need is patience.

Sorry to hear about Abi :hugs:
Eve is doing really well! Molly was born at 29+1 and weighed 2lb 4oz. She is now nearly 22 months, and you wouldnt know she'd been through such a hard start to life, she's just like every other toddler. Molly came home on oxygen. She was on and off it in hospital, then they decided to send her home, on just a small amount of oxygen, to gt her home to us sooner. She spent 7 weeks in hospital and came out a month before her due date. It's really hard when they are in hospital, but I promise it gets easier. 29 wekks is a good gestation nowadays, and I'm confident Eve will do well!

29 weeks is a good gestation, it was when I was born :) My LO was born at 27+4 and was on it for about a week.

Great to hear she was only on CPAP for such a short time! And I'm sure Abi will be watching over her sister.

We're all here for advice when you need us! :)

Hi hun..
Think of it this way, no matter how small to you everything that your baby does is a huge huge milestone to them. Just her coming CPAP is a big deal it means her lungs can do the majority and that she is getting better.
I was very lucky and my girls done so well and were able to be home so I cant begin to understand how you must be feeling... You need to be strong for Eve and she will fight harder.
Chloe and Jaycee were born at 29+6 and people dont believe that they were early. They are 21 months now!

Hi Okciv. I looked you out to see how you were doing, and found you here. You little girl will likely do really well being born at that gestation hun. My Evie was born at 24wks, and after a long fight was eventually home with us and is now a very healthy 6yr old.

She has never even had a chest infection, and barely registers a cold despite being ventilated for several weeks and coming home on oxygen. Your LO should do so much better, and has already shown such strength to be off CPAP and only on minimal oxygen. She just needs to establish feeding, grow, and gain some strength and she'll be home with you in no time.

PM if you need me my sweet xxx

Hi Okciv. I looked you out to see how you were doing, and found you here. You little girl will likely do really well being born at that gestation hun. My Evie was born at 24wks, and after a long fight was eventually home with us and is now a very healthy 6yr old.

She has never even had a chest infection, and barely registers a cold despite being ventilated for several weeks and coming home on oxygen. Your LO should do so much better, and has already shown such strength to be off CPAP and only on minimal oxygen. She just needs to establish feeding, grow, and gain some strength and she'll be home with you in no time.

PM if you need me my sweet xxx

I bet its amazing to look at her now.. I look at the girls and think wow, people dont even think that you was early..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->