Any advice on what is happening to me?

Annie77

Cautiously expecting
Reaction score
I was admitted last weekend to hospital after having tightenings at just over 37 weeks. They showed up on ctg but no changes to my cervix which meant they were happy to hold off on my section.

I have avoided going to triage with similar tightenings since as tbh I don't want to waste their time or mine( everything happened so slow and I waited 16 hours to see the ward doctor).

Last night at 7 I started to get tightenings again but these were really quite sore. Went into bath at 1030 and the water seemed to help. However as soon as I was out and in bed they became closer from 8-13 mins to 5-6. They kept me awake til 1.30am then I fell asleep but still waking every 20 mins or do until 3am.

Woke half an hour ago and just had a wee followed by another tightening.

My question to all you ladies - surely these must be bh if they can start and stop and I can sleep through them?
(I know I was having dreams that my tummy was sore so maybe they didn't entirely go away but I slept!)

Nope, early contractions you can sleep through too.. I know one lady who slept through her whole labour! Contractions and all.. She woke to push and that was that.. wish we could all labour like that :lol:

In your case I'd call a mw to be on the safe side tbh.. If you need a c-section there's no reason to risk a labour if you don't need to, better safe than sorry :thumbup:

The way I've always felt contractions, especially early ones, is with a 'niggly' type feeling inside - the tightenings etc are still there but there's an inside ache too - like someones needling way up inside of your ladybits.. It's quite annoying until it gets really painful!

With my second I had a sweep friday afternoon... and in the middle of the night I was dreaming that I had tummy pains, eventually I was woken up by them at about 6ish... so yeah its possible to sleep through early labour pains xx

Thanks for the replies. I have had them on and off all morning and now that's I've sat down they seem to be more regular. Will try to sleep again and time them later.

Could be normal, could be early labor. Doesn't hurt to call your doc or midwife though!

Supposedly having half a glass of wine will stop then if they're BH and do nothing if it's real, and either way, you'll be a smidge more relaxed, which is good either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->