Any advice welcome

captainj1

Mum of two
Reaction score
hi girls

I'm 37 and have been TTC#2 for 12 months (15 cycles). I had some tests done earlier this year and my FSH was 10.5 which i was told by NHS was high and by a private consultant was quite normal for my age. I also had a vaginal ultrasound on around cd 7 and there were several follicles present in both ovaries. DH didn't have any tests, on the basis that we conceived DS in January 2010 which wasn't too long ago (he took us just 7 months of trying).

The consultant told us to keep trying for another 6 months and to go back if we'd had no luck. I've been using a CBFM throughout and DTD at all the right times but we've had no luck whatsoever. I seem to be ovulating although i've had 25/28 day cycles and one rogue 20 day cycle when I didn't O.

Anyway the 6 months is up, and I just want some advice really as to what I might expect at our appointment on Friday. I am keen for DS to get his swimmers looked at and then to push on with IVF, as I'm not getting any younger. We have plenty of savings so can afford whatever, but there are certain months where I wouldn't be able to do it as I travel quite a lot with my full time work, so it could take a while. But equally it is a big step, and I know that some of the urgency I feel is down to how low I am feeling getting BFNs every month and just wanting to do something proactive/different about it.

What should I ask/push for, do you think?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->