Any advice

Abbys_Mummy

Reaction score
Abby for the past week has been sleeping in her rocker day and night it all started after she just wouldn`t sleep in her cot and the only place she would sleep was on me or my OH so one night out of dispair i put her in her rocker a bam she slept through and ever since she is lucky to wake more than twice depending on what time she goes to sleep. Everyone keeps telling me i have made a bad habbit for her but she just wont sleep in her cot day or night and its in our bedroom i`m so worried that i have been to selfish for sleep and done a bad thing. :cry:

she is too young for bad habits to form. must be more cozy and feel safer than her cot. as long as you are all sleeping right now, than it is a good thing.

thanks i just don`t want her to be 2 and still wanting to be sleeping next to mum and dad in her rocker lol

she is too young for bad habits to form. must be more cozy and feel safer than her cot. as long as you are all sleeping right now, than it is a good thing.

I agree - way too little for bad habits. Could she like the incline of the rocker or of being on your chests? Maybe try inclining her cot by putting some books under the top legs.

My baby is the same exact way! She also wouldn't sleep in her moses basket, so we put her in her bouncy chair to sleep one night, and now it happens every night. She doesn't like her moses basket and I don't want to push her to cry it out just yet. I've just started trying to give her a little time in her moses basket just as a trial, and she lasts for about 5 minutes sleeping in it. I'm hoping it will increase as time goes on. I've tried the incline thing and it makes her last about 3 more minutes. lol

So anyone know when we should start pushing the moses basket/cot sleeping thing? (i.e. letting her cry it out)

I had the exact same thing with charlie he would only sleep in his bouncy chair not in his cot or moses but hes getting a bit better lately i just kept trying him in his cot each night and now most nights he will sleep in there but sometimes the second half on night i have trouble so he ends up in his chair again next to me by the bed , i wouldnt worry too much maybe keep trying the cot so she gets used to it but if she just wont sleep in there then move her into the chair and she might just change like charlie has and start sleeping her cot xxx

My baby is the same exact way! She also wouldn't sleep in her moses basket, so we put her in her bouncy chair to sleep one night, and now it happens every night. She doesn't like her moses basket and I don't want to push her to cry it out just yet. I've just started trying to give her a little time in her moses basket just as a trial, and she lasts for about 5 minutes sleeping in it. I'm hoping it will increase as time goes on. I've tried the incline thing and it makes her last about 3 more minutes. lol

So anyone know when we should start pushing the moses basket/cot sleeping thing? (i.e. letting her cry it out)

Please do not let your child cry it out - it makes a defenceless child feel abandoned and you might make her fearful of her cot. It also makes the child insecure and can break the bond between mother and child. There are other sleep methods out there and whatever you pick stick with it as it takes time to teach a child to sleep.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Mx

I agree - way too little for bad habits. Could she like the incline of the rocker or of being on your chests? Maybe try inclining her cot by putting some books under the top legs.

I agree with this, it could be she feels uncomfortable being flat. you can buy foam supports for this and they are completly safe. Have a look around and see what you can find out. Being upright helps them to release trapped wind too so this could be an issue??

hun u r so lucky your baby will sleep in the rocker- mine only sleeps in arms!

Please do not let your child cry it out - it makes a defenceless child feel abandoned and you might make her fearful of her cot. It also makes the child insecure and can break the bond between mother and child. There are other sleep methods out there and whatever you pick stick with it as it takes time to teach a child to sleep.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Mx[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I don't know if I'd have the heart to do it anyway. We'll keep working on the 5 minute naps instead. Might give you a pm soon! bfing right now, so not ideal time. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->