Any Alternative ways to help with ovulation?

Bambina

Mother of 1
Reaction score
I went back to my GP today because i'm not back at the Gyno till August. He explained that my progesterone levels were low when i had the blood's taken (August last year) so it shows i'm not ovulating. :cry:

I am overweight so this is probably the cause of it seeing as i had all the other blood work done and scan's and everything else was fine. So is my husband..

So question is: Is there anyways to help bring ovulation on except Clomid?

Because im overweight and my bmi is higher then 30, she wasn't going to start me on it until i reached a benchmark of 30 which is a awful lot to do in a short amount of time.

Hi Bambina,

I'm not sure if it's working yet or not, but my Dr put me on metformin... I have long cycles and it's apparently supposed to regulate hormones/cycles and hopefully bring on ovulation sooner. I've also heard it can help ppl lose weight too, though that's not why I'm on it. That being said, I've only been on it for just over 3 weeks and haven't seen any results yet... I'm hoping it helped me ovulate 12 days ago... but my temps are all over the place so it's hard to say. Some ladies have said that grapefruit juice helps. I'm curious to see other suggestions as well!

Thank you, Ive heard of metformin before, never thought it could be used for this. I've not read about grapefuit, so will look into that.

Anyone else know of any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->