any avon representative?

missk1989

Reaction score
Anyone ever been an Avon representative? Was it worth it? What sort of money can you make?

Its a terrible time of year to start as no one usually spends much the first few months of the year. Its hard to say what you would make as rounds really vary. If you have a big circle of friends helps alot.

I did it for 3 years i liked it getting out meeting people but it was not easy. I found having the items for people to view helped. I got a bra once and in the previous 6 months not one bra had been ordered got 2 orders that campaign then kept tester for myself ;).

Tax self assessment is pretty easy to do online and unless your really successful should not present any problems.

If they try and talk you into being a sales leader be aware they ask everyone however well they are doing. They want you to sign up your customers....I did the math it was better to keep them as customers then get a few puny % of their sales.

It was a few years ago i did it but could make £30 upwards a time i think the most was well over a hundred. You have to pay for each catalogue which can be soul destroying if people bin them. Avon tell you to keep going over the same area even if you not getting sales or books back which is bloody stupid. I used to put a little note at the front with a tick for please do not leave a book again or please leave a book again that saved me lots of catalogues.

Little offers off my own bat helped me boost sales. Spend £12 get a free bath bomb (naughty but i won a huge job lot on ebay suitable for sensitive skin and people loved them worked out 20p each for me). Make sure when you put order in if 2 different peoples orders make a different offer get it for yourself. Either resell it or save it for stock. Always keep a new black mascara as its something people sometimes want in a hurry. Once you get a lot of excess stock from deals, testers etc do a lucky dip for £3 or whatever. That was popular and money straight in your own pocket. At Christmas have an open day to see the new stock and order items to show. Offer to do parties that's a great way to boost a campaign. Recommend a friend get a freebie from your excess when friend receives their first order. Get a badge (i got a 70's one on ebay) mentioning Avon put it on your handbag people ask. I got my dentists ordering they were fab clients! I rarely wear makeup but i used to put a bit of slap on when delivering. I did get comments as a lot of people knew the barefaced me. They could see the makeup worked eeeeek.

Something that puts me off if avon lady does not fill in her forms properly. if you live local put your address/email address on then if someone forgets to put book out they sometimes put it through your door or email you an order. Get clients emails and you can send them special late offer. deals or reminders ;)

I did it twice and it was not worth my while...I spent more on books and delivering than making anything at all.
I am now with Scentsy and so so different ..I don't have designated areas ,can sell how I want and just two books a year so not bugging people every two weeks (that was how I felt ) with asking for orders.

I work online via fb..my website ..word of mouth...couple of salons have my warmers on display and I get business through those .
Local events..fundraisers..mobile party in a bag..I drop off and collect week later.

Much much easier for me and with three boys less hassle.
I have a team too which I didn't feel inclined to with Avon and the fact there is no competition on high street and still under two years old its brilliant .

I also did it and didn't feel it was worth it. My orders mainly came from family and friends who were just ordering to support me! The books in my opinion are a rip off, as are the samples (though I never bothered buying them!) I love Avon stuff but the sales side of it I found really difficult to get new customers. I'd get about £20 a month. x

I know people who have sold Avon and later said they regretted signing up. Many lost lots of time and money...

I did Avon until I was 16 weeks pregnant just to help with the savings, then I moved to a different town. I was earning £40-150 a pop which was because I had high orders between £20-60. I had customers who ordered everytime and some which was the odd £4. I bought 20 books and sent them out twice around 7 streets and giving them 5 days to look.

Can't say whether it'll be worth it for everybody, but it was for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->