ANy BFP's on a irregular cycle and any suggestions?

skye2010

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, :flower:

I am 37 and TTC for first bb. Tried on off for almost 2 years under very stressfull conditions, no good. So now that everything is ironed out been trying intensively for the last 6-7 months but no joy. Did all the tests for me and DH Everything's good but still no :bfp:.

I have very irregular cycles 23 days, 26 days and 28 days. Not sure which is when ;))) Any suggestions on what days to :sex: Or how to regulate the cycle.

Also any success stories on irregular cycles and how it worked out.
:kiss::kiss: and hope a healthy cute bb for all soon.

Hi Hun,

Just wanted to relate a story of a colleague at work, who was ttc for at least 3 years. Had all the tests done, given clomid and told next step was ivf (neither which she wanted to do..). That was just before xmas last year. She told me in Feb she was pregnant due to managing to pinpoint ov on two occasions - she's due Oct 14 and she 38!

TBH, I dont think you are that bad cycle wise, basically what i would do would be to start bd day 20 and have sex every other day until you have ov confirmed. This might work. On the other hand you might already have tried this, doh, in wich case please disregard, lol!

All the best and good luck!!

Omi xxx

No i actually haven't tried it. And I am a little confused so please don't mind it if it is a silly question. Am I suppose to try on a previous cycle or did I get this completely wrong.
I usually start d12 than 14 than 16 but I think that is not enough and when I have a short cycle it is probably too late? Sometimes we do it everyday between 12 to 16. But no BFP's yet
The doctors say do it every other day through out the cycle not sure if that includes your period as well. Cause that can get a bit yucky. :( Also my husband does get a bit tired of it too ;(
I might sound a bit stupid I'm sorry. Lol

I would recommend the clear blue fertility monitor - you basically poas every morning and it gives you a reading - either low, high or peak. the peak comes just before you ov, but they give you highs as a warning that you are becoming fertile.

It is expensive and so are the sticks but to me it was a godsend for working out when i ov'd (i had v short cycles and so often ov'd around CD10-12) before i got this i wouldnt' have thought that i was fertile that early in my cycle. (btw i ended up getting pregnant due to clomid and iui but that's beside the point!!)

if you're worried about the cost, you can often buy 2nd hand monitors on ebay and you just need to re-set it. Also, if you have short cycles you can often make the pack of sticks last longer than 2 cycles, as once you get the first 'peak' you don't need to poas any more.

I think I better stop peeing on all the cheap stuff and get the real deal :) Thank u HappyDaze

I'd try dtd at least every other day from day 9 until you see signs of ovulation (ewcm, or ferning on saliva microscope, or positive opk) then every day till your temperature rises (since that happens very quickly after ovulation). Good luck!

I love the fertile-focus saliva microscope (course I'm sure they're all about the same-not trying to push any certain brand:) . it's cheap, it works, and gives much more of a notice than opk's.

No i actually haven't tried it. And I am a little confused so please don't mind it if it is a silly question. Am I suppose to try on a previous cycle or did I get this completely wrong.
I usually start d12 than 14 than 16 but I think that is not enough and when I have a short cycle it is probably too late? Sometimes we do it everyday between 12 to 16. But no BFP's yet
The doctors say do it every other day through out the cycle not sure if that includes your period as well. Cause that can get a bit yucky. :( Also my husband does get a bit tired of it too ;(
I might sound a bit stupid I'm sorry. Lol

if you have :sex: every other day from the end of your period to the first day of the next you will cover all bases.

TTC is hard work!!!

xxx

:) Thank you ladies I will try the every other day method this month. Or let's say I am hoping to try :) I think I have finally arrived at the point where I am willing to try anything now. I also noticed that my luteal phase is actually not that long. 10-11 days sometimes less. Any suggestions on that?

Hi
Your luteal phase should be at least 14. Your cycles are not that far off to be irregular.

You could try taking soy isoflavones, it works the same way as clomid. This can help increase your luteal phase, but it might take a few months to take in effect.

There is a big thread on it if your interested in the groups section I think.

Good Luck hun:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->