Any cake decorators about?

Bunnipowder

Reaction score
Making LO's birthday cake just a simple 8inch round choc sponge cake. However brought some cake ribbon and a transfer for decoration. Never used either, what do I use to fasten the ribbon? Going to ice the cake (never iced either - succesfully) so the transfer looks brighter as its a bit transparent, what would I use to stick the transfer onto the icing? Also what do you recommend for sticking the icing on the cake? was going to buy a ready rolled icing, when I used icing before said to use some kind of jam or marmalade really cant remember but apricot something sounds familiar, well just didnt stick to the cake at all. Any advice please :flower:

to fasten the ribbon together just use a blob of icing (icing sugar).
To get the icing to stick to the cake use apricot jam, make sure it has no bits in it, you need to boil it in a pan & then spread on the cake & get the icing on while the jam is still hot. :)

Also depends what the transfer is made from to how it should be attached. If its made from icing you can use a dab of jam or icing (icing sugar) to make it stick.
Good luck!!
Xx

Agree with Kay Beas advice.
When you cover the cake with ready rolled icing, don't be tempted to squash it down the sides of the cake, instead, gently smooth it down the sides (do this with plenty of icing suar on your hands to stop it sticking), and it will mould itself to the cake. Also,before you do this, put little pieces of icing in any holes in your sponge cake, so you have an even surface to apply the rolled out icing onto.
Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->