Any chickenpox experts??

x Helen x

Reaction score
So my 2 year old has got the chickenpox. fabulous. :wacko:

I have already had it as a child so am immune (thankfully!), but can anyone tell me if it's possible for me to pass it on to a friend? I am supposed to be having dinner with a pregnant friend on Friday night, she is booked for a C-Section on 19th December and the last thing I want to do is infect her!! I asked the doctor and she said I can't carry it or pass it on as I am immune, but just wanted to double check!

Good question. No idea, lol. Google maybe ?

I would call the friend and explain the situation. It should be up to her to decide whether or not she is comfortable :flower:

You could get shingles in which case you can transmit it that way but I would ask your friend and see what she wants to do. I was in exactly the same position when pregnant and my friend asked me if it was ok to visit, I had to weigh up the risk.

You can't *catch* shingles (even from someone with chickenpox), the virus just lies dormant in your body after chickenpox and can flare up at any time but usually when your immune system is compromised. (You can give someone chickenpox if you have shingles but that's not the question!)

Check if your friend is immune to chickenpox, if she is, great. If not, there's zero chance of you passing anything on but at least you've warned her and given her the choice. If I was your friend, I would appreciate that!

Thanks ladies. Yes I have already let my friend know the situation, she said she doesn't know how illnesses like that work so has asked me to look into it and let her know doctor says. Doctor has said it would be ok and I can't pass it on but just thought I'd double check :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->