Any Costco members?

FAB mama

Reaction score
They just opened one up here and I'm wondering if it's worth joining? We're just a small family, 2 adults, one toddler.

We have a Sams membership (just like Costco) and it's okay. We get diapers there but that's pretty much it. Honestly just don't need that much in bulk. :shrug:

We are (family of four) and I find it worth it for us. But we don't own a car and do shop in bulk once a month. Generally we buy our cat stuff there (litter and wet food), some of our cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, cheese slices for our lunches and cheese strings for the kids, eggs, milk, flour, sugar, Kleenex, paper towel etcetera. Not all of these things are on our list every month of course but those are things we buy most often :).

We get loo roll and cleaning stuff there. I don't buy a lot of food but it is useful.

We have a Costco card. I find it fab for things like washing powder/liquid. fabric conditioner, drinks, toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, nonperishable items really.

Also had my youngest birthday party last week and it was fab for that.

We bought all the sweets there for our sweet jars at our wedding last year - i always have to steer dh away from the sweetie aisle now :haha:

Some things are cheaper, some things are not. I would say before you go spending too much, make sure you know prices on regular items per oz, etc so you can compare whether you are actually getting a good deal on it. And whether you will actually use that much of a food item before it expires. Its great for cleaning supplies, party supplies, diapers, etc though. I buy some foods, like cereal bars, some fruits, etc , but most grocery type items I think are better just to get in regular size amounts at a regular store.

I have a membership at CostCo & love it!

You do have to be very careful, some things work outmore expensive, & always read their labels carefully, some non food items say ex or inc of VAT.

I buy all toiletries & washing/cleaning products/toilet roll/baby wipes etc when they are on special offer in CostCo. I cant afford to bulk buy, but unlike Bookers for example, the "bulks" are alot smaller. For example, a 3 pack of Dove deodrant, a twin pack of Fairy non bio. Bookers tends to be packed in much larger amounts.

I dont purchase much in the way of fresh as i tend to shop for fresh things as & when, as im a single mum with only 2 of us in the house. Although they do have a brilliant butchers section & sometimes i buy meat & freeze it. I spmetimes get onions & potatos as they dont go off too quick.

I absolutely LOVE their bakery & ready made section. I always treat myself, i love their Take & Bake pizzas!!

I also think that when i need a new vacuum or other household item, it will probably come from CostCo as their TVs/kitchenware etc seem cheaper than other stores.

When i first got my membership (in a brand new store that opened near me) i got a 30 day free trial. Are they offering anything similar at your store?

I actually think costco is quite pricey for a lot of things!

I have a membership at CostCo & love it!

You do have to be very careful, some things work outmore expensive, & always read their labels carefully, some non food items say ex or inc of VAT.

I buy all toiletries & washing/cleaning products/toilet roll/baby wipes etc when they are on special offer in CostCo. I cant afford to bulk buy, but unlike Bookers for example, the "bulks" are alot smaller. For example, a 3 pack of Dove deodrant, a twin pack of Fairy non bio. Bookers tends to be packed in much larger amounts.

I dont purchase much in the way of fresh as i tend to shop for fresh things as & when, as im a single mum with only 2 of us in the house. Although they do have a brilliant butchers section & sometimes i buy meat & freeze it. I spmetimes get onions & potatos as they dont go off too quick.

I absolutely LOVE their bakery & ready made section. I always treat myself, i love their Take & Bake pizzas!!

I also think that when i need a new vacuum or other household item, it will probably come from CostCo as their TVs/kitchenware etc seem cheaper than other stores.

When i first got my membership (in a brand new store that opened near me) i got a 30 day free trial. Are they offering anything similar at your store?

I'm not sure, I saw people outside under tents signing up new members, but I didn't stop to talk to them. I'm thinking we probably wouldn't get much use out of it. I would probably over buy! The in-laws have a Sams card if we ever need to go there… but I never have.

I like Costco and wouldn't be without my membership :) As others have said not everything is cheaper than the supermarkets but imo the quality of their own brand stuff is excellent for the price. I've been trying their washing liquid tabs and fabric softener recently and both are better and cheaper than the branded ones I was using.

I don't think its expensive at all!

I get toilet roll, washing powder and fabric softener, part baked bread, chicken breasts, bin bags,olives, dry shampoo. I looove their bakery section!

I dont either blah and yessssssss the muffins. Kaysie's cake was £12.99 the other day, huge and personalised

I defo think it's worth it for the toilet roll alone :haha: the kirkwood stuff is so amazing - there's loads of it on a roll! going back to any other toilet roll is crap.

I felt so boring and adult while writing that :lol:

:haha: I get the quilted velvet when it's on offer for about £11 for forty rolls

I defo think it's worth it for the toilet roll alone :haha: the kirkwood stuff is so amazing - there's loads of it on a roll! going back to any other toilet roll is crap.

I felt so boring and adult while writing that :lol:

Haha, I feel boring and adult for starting the thread in the first place!

I could easily be on the Costco sales team...

I couldn't be without our card, can we just have some Costco appreciation? Has anyone tried the Kirkland kitchen role? We ALWAYS use it but end of last year they went through a stage where they couldn't get it in, I wnt into get some and discovered there was none... I almost cried. Me and another mother then stood for 20 minutes mourning it. It was like a wake, we spoke about big spills it had mopped up and everything:dohh:

And their cakes. :cloud9: No more needs said on them.

Seriously though, I couldn't be without it. We bulk buy meat and freeze it as their mince and chicken is the best out there, even compared to the butcher. I also get things like cheese and butter as the portions they sell them in are perfect.

Their cleaning products are often cheaper. However, watch out on the branded items. Make sure you know how much they are when they're on offer in the likes of Asda.

CostCo is pretty well worth it, especially for non-perishable and/or non-food items. You don't always save much (diapers are an excellent example of this) but you do get the benefit of not having to buy as often.

Another bonus - Gas at their stations is usually a good bit cheaper.

I dont think they sell petrol/gas at any of the UK ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->