Any diabetic members...pls help

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
Well I am really worried. I had GD when I was preg with my son and I know that from that I have an almost 50 % chance of developing type 2 within 9 years. My mom is a type 1 insulin dependent and my DH ( obviously no genetic link here) is type 1 juvenile onset and hes on a pump. So i know all about diabetes.
I thought I might be pregnant as I went through a period of peeing a lot at night and I am two weeks late but my HCG test came back 0.3. My husband asked me to measure my sugar the other night when I said I was thirsty again, I was 144, not a drastic high but again I dont think normal for someone without diabetes. Then yesterday I felt really weird, shaky legs and I hadn't felt that way since I was preg and had a low, my lows usually were at 70, and i measured with my moms meter and sure enough I was 70!
Today I took a fasting blood sugar it was 120 again not a great value for someone without diabetes.

Do you think I should ask my GP for a glucose tolerance test?
This is my DH's worst nightmare that I get diabetes.
Please can you girls tell me how it affects your pregnancies and how many kids you can have? Does it mean automatic c sections? My mom had to have with me and my brother but that was 20 years ago so ...

Thank you ..:(

Im not sure, i have got GD but if it was me i would call your doctor, your levels are not too high but they are high iukwim

GD had effected my pregnancy, i did blood sugars and they were starting to spiral, so now im on Metformin and baby is measuring on the larger side of normal.

Call your GP and let them advise you.

:hug::hug:

V xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back