any diabetics

pink23

mummy to 2 x
Reaction score
hi all. just wondered if there is any tpe 1/2 diabetics who are/had been pregnant.
Just wanted to know how you got on with your pregnancy and how your coping afterwards.
Thought i would see if there was any diabetics on here. Hope there is some out there xx:flower:

hey im a diabetic and want to know how others have coped :)

hi niki hope you are well any questions please feel free to ask or pm xx when are you ttc x

Hi Iv only just saw your post :)

I'm very well thank you. How are you?

We are TTC next summer :)

x

hi i have pm you feel free to ask any questions xx

Hi im also diabetic :flower:

I struggled to concieved, and my consultant sent me to see his nurse that dealth with the pregnant diabetics.
I was on metformin and solostar insulin before i got pregnant. The nurse started me on an additional insulin, and my blood sugars steadied between 4-7.
I actually fell pregnant a few months later. I carried on with the met, solostar, and the other insulin ( think it was called novo).

I had my 1st scan at 6 w 5 days, then every 2 weeks afterwards. My bloods were also monitored and remained steady. I found the home testing quite hard as i had to test before and after every meal all day. Which was quite hard especially if we were out.

I was induced with my daughter at 38 weeks,and she was born weighing 5lb 13oz. So she was quite small, considering they had been warning me about a big baby.
My daughter was born with low blood sugars, and her blood was tested ( heel prick) every hour for the 1st 48 hours. Thankfully her bloods regulated and shes fine.

Overall, i think i had a pretty good pregnancy. It was hard work towards the end with the appointments.

We're planning on TTC again soon, i just need to get me blood sugars more steady again.

hi jenni x caleb was 6lb 9 and born at 36 weeks. I've been diabetic for 13 years and i struggle at 1st with my bloods x glad theres a few of us x i'm waiting for a pump but will be ttc next july x

I think we will be TTC in July 2011 too :D

I'm so worried though with me and my fiance both being diabetics and me being pregnant...

I had my right hip pinned when I was born because it grew out of the socket so Iv already been told I will have a C-section :(

You will be fine. there will be plenty of help from hospital and also im here if you ever need anything. Have you spoken to your diabetic team that you want to ttc next july xx

ahh thank you..Not yet I havent hun but im going to.. We need to concentrate on our wedding first x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->