Any do a 13 wk early gender scan?

Mabv812

Reaction score
There is a place nnearby us that does early 13 wk gender 4d ultrasound. I'm wondering how accurate they re and if we should just wait till 15 weeks. Tia!

I would wait. External sex organs just begin to develop at week 13, so I wouldn't trust it. I know too many women were told one thing at 15-16w then another at 20. The 3D place I went to refuses to do them earlier than 16 weeks, and they don't guarantee any scans between 16 and 17 weeks. I had mine at 16w3d and it was clear as day, but I have a girthy boy cooking.

Edit to add the nt tech at 12w3d did guess boy based on nub and did swing through the potty shot because I asked. Nothing between the legs but my nub was angled up. She said everything looks the same between the legs and nub was the way to guess.

Nubs look alike at 9-11 weeks so the private place I went to told me to wait to schedule it as close to 13 weeks as possible because 12 weeks is the "magical week" where genitals start to take form, i.e. girl nubs start to shrink and boy nubs protrude. If you're expecting to see a true hamburger or turtle, you will be disappointed, but yes I believe that they can give you some indication of gender by the angle of the nub. We went ahead and booked a scan for 13 1/2 weeks (going around my DH's schedule) and the tech asked me if I wanted to know. I asked her if it was possible to know so early and she said yes, that she could clearly tell with a 95% accuracy we were having a boy. She said she would be very surprised if it changed and even offered to give us a free scan if she was wrong. We will see what the 20 week scan tells us but I thought it was obvious that the nub was boyish compared to the gender scan I had at 14 weeks with my last DD. By that time though it did look like proper genitals. Amazing how it changes so much from one week to the next.

In all honesty most places, at least where i am will not do a mostly 4d scan until 24weeks+ due to the lack of fat on baby;
And for accurate gender to be seen on an ultrasound is 16 weeks

You can get the DNA blood tests from 9-10 weeks though i'm sure and they are accurate :)

I have a gender scan at 17weeks and they let us look in 4d, baby looks abit alien then haha x

I had a 12 week 2D scan and had a definite gender with first baby. I don't see how you couldn't get one with a 4D machine. The baby is 100% formed at 13 weeks, including genitals. I say go for it if you want to know.

Potty shots can be very unreliable so early on. If you can get a good side-profile Nub shot then that's pretty accurate at 13 weeks, but not between the legs...

I had my scan at 12+6 and asked to see between the legs just out of curiosity. There was a definite 'protrusion' between the legs and even the Tech said that she was swing towards it being a boy from what was there...
However the side-profile Nub angle was girly...

I then had a private gender scan at 15+1 and the protrusion between the legs had gone, and she is indeed a girl!

I'm 15+5 but found out what we were having at 11 weeks because I'm "advanced maternal age" so my insurance covered the blood test! However I wasn't AMA with my last one and we wanted to find out early so I got it done at 14 weeks which now they say is pretty accurate

13 weeks is really early. I wouldn't go that early. I did go at about 14 1/2 weeks, and they *thought* it was a girl but wouldn't say 100%, so I had to go back again at 16 weeks, and then again at 17 because my baby was being so stubborn and wouldn't uncross her legs. In the long run I had to wait until 17 weeks anyway, so I would just wait.

13wks they all look like boys unless their attempting to judge via the nub guess, trying to see if its forked or stacked. The're are multiple ways to try and figure it our for yourself, such as old wives tales and the chinese gender chart, but there is no guarantee of the gender until your 20wk scan. My advice as impatient you may feel is wait till then, at 20wks you still have 20 more weeks to get the things you need and or want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->