Any experience? How long after irregular contractions did you go into labour?

RoxieHart

Baking #2
Reaction score
So I went into the hospital the day before yesterday with cramps... When I got there they hooked me up to the monitor, baby seemed fine, but it was deffo picking up that I was having contractions. Not just the odd one or two, constantly, irregularly the whole time I was there on the monitor. I can also feel them, quite a bit in my back.

Anyone had any similar experience? How soon after irregular contractions started for you did you start to go into more regular contractions?

Also the midwife has written down that I'm in the latent stage of labour, what does this mean? (You think I would know all this after already having a baby lol)

Latent labour is like pre-labour. Niggly, getting ready feelings and dialation beginning.

I had irregular contractions from 29 weeks with DD and went 16 days over, so no experience here I'm afraid that's useful but I would say that if the niggles are beginning, that's a good sign.

I've had contractions 30mins apart since 5am this morning but nothing has changed, it's a very slow process this one.

I've had this for over a couple weeks. If it happens for longer than 24 hours, and you still have no change in your cervix it is called prodromal labor. Which means dysfunctional contractions that don't follow a pattern, thus not dilating you :) it's really sucky, but I hear you have a shorter active labor with it!

I've been having them for 2 weeks now. They get more intense, sometimes regular, sometimes irregular, painful and not but they aren't doing a lot. They do get the cervix ready for labour but don't dilate much. It sucks.

With ds I had irregular / false labor painful contractions for 2 weeks before going into true labor. With this baby I'm on 1 week of very real seeming false labor. My false labor episodes are painful contractions lasting 1 minute long and come every 4-8 mins for one hour then space out and stop. Very frustrating. Im 3cm/80% effaced and very low so we will see if I go another week or not. ��

I was told i was 3cms on the thursday in midwives, i went home, had 9 mins apart contractions until the wednesday night and had the baby on the thursday!

so 1 week of latent labour!

**Edit** after all that 15 minutes pushing and baby was out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->