Any experience of an ECV?

jenniferannex

Reaction score
So baby is still breech, i'm back on Thursday to check again and to book in for an ECV if she hasn't turned if i want one. I have done some research and im not so sure i want to go ahead with it. Does anyone have any experiences of one?

Baby has never been head down, she's always been breech or transverse. I had a low lying placenta which has now moved. So im not sure if that played a part in why she never went head down. But i just think if she hasn't gone head down herself there must be a reason, she obviously doesn't want to and i'm not sure i feel comfortable with forcing her. They told me its a 50% success rate, which to me just doesn't seem that good. Ive heard it can be really painful as well.

Im in 2 minds because ideally i don't want a c-section after 2 normal deliveries, but i also don't want to do something that just doesn't seem natural to me and could distress baby! Any advice is appreciated!

Have you tried a chiropractor who knows how to do Webster’s method yet? That’s what got my baby to turn. I would try other things like weird positions/spinning babies, and definitely chiropractic care first, but if all that failed I would probably try the EVC. And finally, I would try to find someone who delivers breech vaginally if baby just wouldn’t turn. Honestly though everyone is going to have a different opinion on that! Good luck with everything xx

My friends baby was always breech. She had the procedure done twice, both times he flipped back breech and she ended up having a section anyway. She also said it really hurt.

Thank you ladies! I think I was opting more to not go ahead with it, but it turns out it’s irrelevelent anyway as she has moved head down :happydance:

That's great news! I just found out today that our baby is breech. My dr wants to try to flip her in 2 wks and induce immediately so she doesn't flip back. She told me it's very painful so I am trying to find an alternative.

Smiles - I found my ecv at 38+2 very uncomfy & they had 4 attempts but he wasnt budging.. i think they found out too late in the game tbh, he had been that way under my rib for ages but my MW was convinced he was head down! After the 3rd go at the ecv it started hurting & i got so upset, he was a csection at 39+2.. fx your babe will flip :)

I hope she flips. My last appt she was head down so I'm confused as to why the stinker changed positions. My dr feels confident it'll work so we'll see. I just dread the ECV because everyone I've talked to that has had one says it was horrible.

Smiles I had an ECV with my youngest and although it was somewhat painful, it was bareable and best of all it worked and baby stayed head down! It meant I was able to deliver him naturally. I would have it down again if necessary. Although it won’t be necessary this time round as this one will be the good baby who isn’t back to back, doesn’t flip round three time and in the last two weeks and doesn’t require me to be induced!!! Hopefully!! X

Thank you! I am having it done this Friday as she is still breech at 38+3. I've tried so many things to get her to flip and nothing is working. She is a stubborn baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->