Any experience with subchorionic hematoma?

tddunn

Reaction score
So I had a great ultrasound today. We saw our little bean and the heartbeat, but a small bleed was seen. The doctor said she saw it last ultrasound a week ago as well. I asked her if this was an issue and she said normally it will resolve itself but she is going to do weekly ultrasounds until she sees that is is gone. This all has me worried. I have heard this is very common but it feels so scary. I'm now on the couch trying to relax and rest.

That's great to know that baby is fine. I also have SCH and I had spotting at 5 w 5 days. The last time the doctor checked it was very small. The doctor asked me anyway to be on bedrest, just as a safety measure. 3 weeks have passed. I don't have spotting anymore. It's not a big concern if you take a lot of rest, stay off your feet and just take it easy. I am also hoping that SCH will resolve itself. Have faith and please don't worry.

Just think about the baby. :happydance:

Thank you so much. I had a small brown smear at 5+3, and yesterday had some light tan/beige CM. it was such a small amount. Doc said that it was just the bleed and she acted as if she didnt see this being an issue, and was going to just play things safe. Apparently this can take a while to work itself out. So my DH has become my personal slave and I am eating taco bell and watching movies till the next ultrasound on monday.

That's cool. I have to say my husband has become my slave too. :haha: If he serves me this well now, I wouldn't mind having two more children. :cloud9:

Yup, I do unfortunately. I went in this past Sunday for spotting and they did an ultrasound. My doctor called me last night after I requested someone call me to discuss the scan. She said at 5w2d I have a gest. sac and yolk sac, but also have a small SCH. I hadn't bled yet, just spotted so I wasn't too worried. But she said to be on the safe side she wanted me to repeat my hcg blood test from Sunday. So last night (about 54 hours from my last hcg test) I had my blood taken.

I'm terrified of needles, and the nurse messed up. She missed my vein (which has NEVER happened before) and stuck me somewhere else that sent me flying. I panicked, tried to run, she held me back since I still had the needle in me, and tried to calm me down so they could try again. Second try was much better, but an hour later when I was home I started bleeding. I can't say it was heavy, it didn't stain the toilet bowl or anything, but I bleed onto my underwear and when I wiped, the toilet paper was covered in red/orange blood. I thought I was miscarrying right then and there.

But my hcg test results came in at around 3am and they had almost doubled from Sunday. I spoke to my ob/gyn and she said that the fact that they almost doubled was a really good sign. So now we wait. In a little less than 3 weeks we'll get an ultrasound and the doctor said if there's a heartbeat, we should be ok.

Sorry you're going through this too. I'm worried sick. :cry:

The doc said since a heartbeat showed up it was a good sign. My hcg has doubled almost every 28 hours. I'm progesterone is now back in the 20s. I know that the change.CES of this causing a complication is minimal but I'm nervous LOL.

They found a heartbeat on your baby? That's great since you're so early! I had an urgent care ultrasound tech do the scan so she didn't tell me anything. She wouldn't even show me the pictures! I had to ask the doctor to see them, but of course since it was not a video we could see any movement. I'm hoping there's a heartbeat.

Did your doctor tell you if your sch was small, medium, large?

Can I ask you ladies what a SCH looks like on an ultrasound? I had my 11 week scan today, and outside of the uterus, there was a small thin space, that she measured. Looked very small flat like a pancake. My first thought when seeing it was SCH...but then again I'm not sure what they look like?

I have no idea. I've looked so hard at my ultrasound and can't see it. Maybe this picture isn't focusing correctly on it or something.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/mara16jade/IMG_20131117_154902_zpsbbb221de.jpg

My doctor said my sch was right next to the gest sac. :shrug:

She didnt tell me the size, but she told me it was small. It was small last time, and this time.

Here is my ultrasound. Right beside the baby is a little spot that looks like it is dipping inward. That is the sch. She said its small and most cases clear up on their own.

Attachments

• 20131120_112039.jpg
    20131120_112039.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 13
How far along are you? Boy they got a nice clear picture of your baby! :)

They only showed me one of probably 15 they took, and it doesn't show much.

I the bleed usually inside the sac with the baby or around the sac? Or can it be either way? ::sigh::

I am currently 6+2. I have seen them bleed both, by the way she acted this was actually outside the sac, its just the way it looked that made it appear inside of it. I have only had a moment of a brown smear on panties. She said that was this coming out a little.

Oh ok.

I'm just hoping that I over did it last night and that caused the bleed. It lasted about 10 mins. maybe and trickled off to almost nothing. This morning its a brown smudge only when I wipe.

https://www.fetalultrasound.com/online/text/33-051.htm

I found this link for anybody looking up what these bleeds look like. This site shows everything from small to large ones. It also explains that most bleeds resolve themselves and are usually located near the placental cord insertion point. The first picture on this sight shows a situation similar to mine, a small bleed with a normally developing baby. The bleed is slightly resting on or pushing the amniotic sac. These typically resolve themselves and clot normally within a few weeks. Do not be concerned if it takes more than a month to resolve. This is a constantly changing and thus constantly irritated area.

Every time she does an ultrasound i get a brown smudge of discharge later. Apparently its just the blood thats in me not anything new

It's hard to tell especially since drs zoom in on certain areas so it can make scan pics look like there's nothing there.

I had this. I had blood then had a scan I can't see it in my scans but my dr showed be the dark area while he did my ultrasound.

I have 2 SCH's .......and as you can imagine I'm really not very happy as I thought I'd finally be able to relax about this pregnancy as I'm on the cusp of graduating to the 2nd trimester!

I had my 1st bleed on Nov 10th @ 10 wks. The doc found what he called at the time just a slight separation of the placenta from the uterus wall and not to worry. He put me on progesterone injections every other day plus an oral tablet (Duphaston) x3 times daily & told me to carry on as normal.

8 days later I had another bleed so of course went back to the docs where he diagnosed a SCH measuring 3x1 cms. This time he put on me on bed rest until he saw me 1 wk later for my 12 wk scan + NT test.

I had no further bleeds and the 12 wk scan + NT test took place the day before yesterday. The baby was perfect, wiggling and waving at me, the NT measurement was just perfect, BUT he said quite matter of factly 'so you have x2 SCH's, 1 measures 3x1 cms the other 2x1 cms.

Seems there is no other treatment than to continue the progesterone and continued bed rest, I'm signed off for 2 wks until I return for another scan for a progress update (this will be 14 wks).

I'm finding it SOOOO hard to remain calm about the whole thing but am resisting staying away from Google as I'm terrified of what results I might find out, and trying to stay positive that it's been way over a week since I've actually bled (bar a few episodes of slight brown discharge). And bed rest for me is a total nightmare as I'm usually so active. Oh well needs must and so far my work have been VERY understanding although I think I have to go onto unpaid after 4 weeks of being off which is only another week after this current 2 weeks of bed rest. Sigh.

Sorry that was lengthy, I just wanted to share my story too.

Wishing you girls the very best of luck with your SCH's ......as my doc says, don't worry, they will grow out as the uterus grows, so mega baby dust to us all and hopefully some speedy growing!!

LL x

Hi ladies. I'm not currently pregnant but wanted to let you know not to worry.

I had a very large sch with two massive bleeds at 8 and 10 wks (and I mean massive soaked through pads within minutes). I continued to have small bleeds until about 6 mths along.

My son just turned 3 on the 20th and is in perfect health.

Thanks Bartness! Always good to hear nice stories! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"