• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any experiences with prenatal yoga or belly dance in labour,delivery?

Misha79

Reaction score
Doc advised me to stay active and do some workouts. I have not started anything yet and look online.

There are so many reviews for prenatal yoga ,belly dance and it is supposed to help in delivery and labour. Strengthens pelvic muscles for pushing and also getting back into shape easily.

Most women/celebs advocating these workouts trained and did yoga/belly dance works before pregnancy.
So it will not be difficult for them to do in pregnancy and they already might have some strengthen, toned body.
I want to hear any real stories for normal women , if they did and benefited.
What yogas or belly dancing they did and how it helped.

I've been doing prenatal yoga so relaxing found a great video on Uribe by Lara dutta. a lot of the ladies on here use it too

I went to pre natal yoga in my last pregnancy and would go again but we have moved and cant find classes here. I was not into yoga and tbh its too boring for me when not pregnant. I really rate it though it helped me to relax and we learned breathing exercizes relaxation techniques for labour too. These definately worked, on the negative side the midwives didnt beleive how far on I was because I was so controlled until they tried to send me home I forgot my yoga and breathing and freaked out. I was 8cm by then so definately helped.

I'm actually training to become a yoga instructor,so I'm a little biased :flower: The greatest part about yoga is that you start wherever you are, and if you are consistent, you will be amazed at how fast you start seeing results. Not just physically, but emotionally as well. The breathing techniques will help you combat stress off the mat, in addition to helping with pain management during labor. It is also a great way to increase your pelvic floor muscles, and surrounding muscle groups, which again will help you during labor (and will speed up recovery). Prenatal yoga is a great way to bond with your unborn baby. It helps you get in touch With your body, and will even help you overcome some common ailments-like swollen feet, soreness, back pain and sleeplessness.

Personally, I can't think of any reason not to at least try it out :winkwink:

I absolutely loved doing prenatal yoga when I was pregnant with dd. I was actually more flexible at 9 months pregnant than I was a year after I'd had her!!! (Because I stopped). I don't know if it helped my labour but I sure had a fast one. Got to the hospital at 7am and had her by 11 am (with an epidural)......I found it helped SO much with stretching and just feeling better!!! I'd leave yoga feeling so rejuvenated!!! Loved every second of it. I was unable to do it this time with #2 and I do feel more sluggish....less "limber"...I really worry my labour is going to suffer this time :(

Years ago, I had taken a yoga class and if it didn't help me with flexibility, it did wonders on my anxiety and fatigue! I honestly don't know why once that class was done, I didn't look up for another one... And now in my new town I can't find a prenatal yoga class nearby.
But I have a book on prenatal/postnatal yoga! Haven't started yet, but my mother used it during her last pregnancy and if she recommended it to me I assume it's because it's good. Title's Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond and it's by Françoise Barbira Freedman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->