Any good natural remedies for sleep problems?

littleL

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend anything (natural) for insomnia? books, cds, self help? it's for a birthday present. many thanks!

Hmm. I'm a big fan of this tea:
https://ca.traditionalmedicinals.com/nhp/product/96
And valerian can be helpful, too, but I am always a bit hesitant to recommend herbals as the dosages are far from standardized. Be sure to ask a proper pharmacist about them - they are quite knowledgeable about herbal products these days and can give good advice.

Hi, can anyone recommend anything (natural) for insomnia? books, cds, self help? it's for a birthday present. many thanks!

Get a good daily exercise. Our body need it regularly to function regularly. If you will do it as an habit it will helps you regularize your routine not only in your sleeping time but in every thing or day to day chores. Good luck.

I really believe in lavender oil in a dish on bedside cabinet and warm milk drink before bed - hope that helps :)

i have a home remedies book that says to help insomnia you could have a slice of turkey chicken or bannana before bed they contain an amino acid that releases serotonin which helps you sleep
warm milk with a spoon of honey and a sprinkle of cinamon wich has natural sedative components
avoid spices and sugar
a herb called valerian can help sleep
passionflower tea is a herbal sedative
you can get supplements that contain both the above
lavendar jasmine and ylang ylang all togeather in the bath helps too

as its a gift you could make a hamper with cinamon and some posh honey and biccies t make the milk with an dprint some lovely instructions to go with it and a posh cup an dyou could put in a bottle of each of the oils :)
sounds lovely i would defo appreciate something like that shows you have put thought into it :)))

Clary sage oil, a few drops on a flannel or similar under your pillow. Has I forget the word but the effect of spacing you out, relaxing you and helping you therefore sleep.. hence why people use it in labour! I still use mine now tho it does give me nightmares I'm about to give birth again but I'm sure that's just for me lol

you could give them a gift of lavender pillows to hang on the bed? and maybe a cd of classical music or something - that always used to get me to sleep because its so relaxing :)

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! :D
great ideas!

I got stuff from Avon a while back sleep balm and pillow spray from the sleeptherapy range. Good value and I've found them great for helping to wind down and relax. I'm not sure what's in them so not sure it'll fit what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->