Any horsey friends on here? Need advice...

Epona

Reaction score
Just wondering if I can find any of the "horsey clan" is on here... this is my first real pregnancy (5 weeks in, I MC'd my last preg.) and I'm still riding and working physically everyday. I have both race and show horses, and being the main rider on the farm.. I'm wondering how far into my pregnancy I can still gallop and train horses. I've been taking it easy, but fatigue is NOT my friend! The joke was I was galloping horses before I was born, as my mom was doing the same when she was pregnant with me. I've talked to some other of my horsey friends and they tell me to stop around 5-6 months, but some of my friends rode horses up to 7 months! Any horsey friends to give advice?

hello fellow horsey lady, i have 3 horses a cb xwelsh d mare who knows its all ,a 17 year old cob and a 16.2 wb x tb x irish, god its hard going isnt it!? as for the riding aspect im not riding and havent been since i found out i was pregnant ,but dont think im judging you for still riding i certainly arent. im nearly 35 with a mc under my belt and a first time mum so i have aired on the side of caution ( truth is i miss it and would still ride if it wasnt for my oh working in a and e and giving me horror stories!) plus i have really low bloodpressure and feel like im pissed all the time! i trust my horses but itsother people i dont, you know how it is motorbikes dogs etc i would say do what feels right and listen to your body your riding fit and im not which helps, you may well get to the stage where you dont want to be on the gallops and feel happier with your show horses, riding will keep your back nice and limber as well which i could benefit from! just be a little carefull thats all i would say and im sure you are, no throwing around hay bales!:thumbup: you may find some horses are more gentle around you, my cob normally mugs me for sweets but hasnt done it once since pregnancy!

Hi Poppytal! I rode this morning (just two youngsers tha act like old timers!) And only on our training track (we usually don't go anywhere else until they ship out to the major tracks). I've started my new OTTB into the show horse transition, but my sister has offered to help out there (goodbye spring shows!) I feel ok now, taking breaks and letting the guys handle the heavy work :) but it feels good to get a bit of daily exercise, at least until the later months. My mare will be happy with the time off, as the "boss" she declares she should not work too hard either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->