Any idea?

kmac87

Waiting for our lil girl
Reaction score
So I'm 8 days pp and have this excruciating pain in my right side/hip/back area. It's been there since birth and hasn't passed. I have to stay on medication to even walk around. I was walking down town and was in tears by the end of it because I just could not take another step. My dh had to drag me while carrying dd and hold our ds's hands. It literally feels like my fallopian tube and ovary are all knotted up. It hurts that much. I've not felt this before with my other kids, and it's only on the right side. I woke up this morning screaming because of the pain. I could not lie down with my legs flat because it felt like I was stretching out what feels like knotted up intestines. Anyone experience this or have any ideas of what it could be. I don't have my first pp checkup until another 3 weeks. :(

Hmmm, I'm not sure. Sounds awful though--poor you. I did have some pretty strong pain in my stomach a few days pp aftert first. It wasn't as low as my uterus so I suspect it was my bowel or something. I almost went to the ER at 4 am but the pain eventually disappeared. It sounds like your pain is pretty severe. I'd consider the ER or your GP. You can't wait till your check up, obviously. Do you think it could be after pains? I didn't have any after my first but did for about 10-12 days after having my second child. They could be quite strong, like contractions. I heard they get worse with subsequent births. Sorry I can't be of more (any) help... And I hope this goes away soon!

Hmmm, I'm not sure. Sounds awful though--poor you. I did have some pretty strong pain in my stomach a few days pp aftert first. It wasn't as low as my uterus so I suspect it was my bowel or something. I almost went to the ER at 4 am but the pain eventually disappeared. It sounds like your pain is pretty severe. I'd consider the ER or your GP. You can't wait till your check up, obviously. Do you think it could be after pains? I didn't have any after my first but did for about 10-12 days after having my second child. They could be quite strong, like contractions. I heard they get worse with subsequent births. Sorry I can't be of more (any) help... And I hope this goes away soon!

Thanks for your input. I've had 3 children and whilst I know each pregnancy is different, I've not felt this before and I really don't think it's after pains . I'm seriously considering that it may be like appendicitis. It's only limited to my right side. It's just with my having delivered only days ago, it's hard to chalk it up to anything but post natal relatated. I may take a trip to my ob or the ER soon. I have an appt with my family doctor on Wednesday for my sciatica so maybe I'll ask her.

Then again, I don't think appendicitis will last this long without rupturing...so maybe a cyst on my ovary?? Ugh I don't know, it just Hurst sooo bad and I ts keeping me from standing up straight as straightening my body is torture!

If you can't stand up straight from the pain I think you need to go to the ER. Are you taking anything for the pain?

Just Tylenol but it only takes the edge off and I have to take it around the clock.

I'm no expert, but this doesn't sound like any normal pp complaint to me. I think you need to be checked out. You're right, I think if it were your appendix it would have burst by now. And I believe the appendix is located a bit higher than where you're feeling pain. I know it's a pain in the ass to go to the dr. or worse, hospital ( esp. with a brand new baby), but I really think you need some medical attention. I hope you get this resolved soon--sounds awful.

I'm no expert, but this doesn't sound like any normal pp complaint to me. I think you need to be checked out. You're right, I think if it were your appendix it would have burst by now. And I believe the appendix is located a bit higher than where you're feeling pain. I know it's a pain in the ass to go to the dr. or worse, hospital ( esp. with a brand new baby), but I really think you need some medical attention. I hope you get this resolved soon--sounds awful.

The pain got too bad. I'm currently at the ER. I had to bring dd as I'm bfing. I didn't want dh to bring the other kids as they can become restless. I have to have a ct scan done in a bit so had to call my mom to come sit with dd. Thankfully, they sent down a pump from l&d so I could pump her enough milk for 2 feedings before they gave me morphine. The doctor came in and pressed on the area and I immediately screamed and doubled over on the bed, I almost squashed dd who was right there...He block it, thank God. Even with the morphine, the pain is still present and makes me scream out, not as much as before though. They asked me if I had my appendix out but doctor thinks I may have torn that muscle during delivery. Waiting to be wheeled to ct, so we'll see what happens.

Jesus. Good luck. I truly hope that you get this resolved and that it's nothing serious.

Thanks. After 2 doses of morphine, the pain still never went away. It was determined that I tore my muscles during the pushing phase which then resulted in inflammation of my abdominal walls. I have a very high pain tolerance compared to most, but this pain is badddd. Childbirth was nothing in comparison.

Oh that sucks. I can't imagine. I'm glad to hear it's nothing serious though. Hopefully they prescribed something for the pain. Was your pushing phase especially hard or long (compared to your other births)?

Not at all. I've always had short pushing phases. 5 mins or less. This one was a bit longer because I transitioned so fast so I had to actually hold in my pushes until my doctor arrived. So it e ad about 20 mins.

Wow, I hate you (I pushed for almost 5 hours with my first). You're obviously a forceful pusher so I guess these things can happen. Sucks for you though... I guess you just have to wait got this to resolve by itself?

Wow, I hate you (I pushed for almost 5 hours with my first). You're obviously a forceful pusher so I guess these things can happen. Sucks for you though... I guess you just have to wait got this to resolve by itself?

Wow! 5hrs?! Oh I would've given up!! Haha.

I'm considering a 2nd opinion because I just can't believe a torn muscle would cause this much pain. I'm getting so much worse...and fast, than better. I stopped taking my meds today because I thought I was getting better, but the meds were fooling me. I was on hands and knees crying today because the pain was that bad...stopped me dead in my tracks. Hubby had to make a mad dash to the pharmacy to get my prescription filled and my ob also had a prescription already there for me. So I may make an early appt with her for a 2nd opinion.

Yeah, I just about did give up. I was praying for a c-section but of course later was very glad I didn't have one. Recovering from that much pushing (major swelling and bruising) as well as an episiotomy and vacuum extraction was bad enough! Fortunately my second delivery was super easy.

I think you're wise to get a second opinion from your OB. The pain sounds pretty intense. I don't know how you're dealing with that AND a newborn AND other kids...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->