Any ideas on how to induce labor!

aflaspoehler

Baby number one!
Reaction score
I'm really sick of being pregnant is there any way to speed up the process to kick start labor a little bit?

Most of it is all old wives tales, currys, sex, walking ect.. my spec said that baby will only come with any of these if he is ready to do come and no sooner.. none has worked for me, even squats so im gettung a sweep next tuesday

Evening primrose oil taken orally and applied to the cervix is supposed to work in cases where you just need a little bump over the edge. Likewise for red raspberry leaf tea.

There's a ton of moderately to very reputable websites with research and anecdotes that may give you a lot of really good information.

Castor oil is supposed to actually be not that great an idea, because it may not (probably won't) work and then you'll be super pregnant with horrible diarrhea.

Rasberry leaf tea is good for ripening the cervix for making tge second stage of labour easier

With my dd I took rlt and epo from 34 weeks. They are meant to help you when labour starts but as far as i know dont actually induce it. At 37 weeks i went on a MASSIVE walk, like panting up a huge hill, and when i got home I lost the plug. She was born the next day after a 3 hour labour.

So I'm 38+4 and this is my longest an biggest pregnancy yet as this is baby no6 but I have tried raspberry leaf tea also tried the Capsols had hot hot vindaloo sex so I have bought some clary sage oil for my bath had a bath an hour ago feel tho the tightings are coming but not getting hopes up as think he may be very comfortable in belly haha so if anything works for y ladies pls update an I will also update my status

I found this the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnEcLSHTI0s

Are you overdue? Hate to be a downer but I don't think those things do all that much. Unfortunately, baby will come when he/she wants to! The only thing I really did when I was overdue was bounce on the ball and some walking. It's hard to say whether those caused me to go into labor or that was just when he was always going to come. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->