Any insight on using OPK's during a messed up cycle month??

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
So I thought I would ask this here because I'm hoping you ladies might know the answer lol

Basically my last period was Nov 29, 2016. I was supposed to get my period around Dec 28 or so but I ended up getting a few positive tests which turned negative after a day or two (so chemical I'm assuming?). Anyways, my period still hasn't shown up and I'm two weeks late now. Hubby and I are wanting to start TTC in a few months but I was planning on using OPKS to start tracking ovulation a few months ahead of time.

How can I track if my period didn't show up this month? I don't temp so please don't suggest that lol. Can I still use the OPK's everyday until I get a dark line and then start testing a few times a day? At least until my period decides to show up again (which hopefully will be next cycle)? I'm also planning on doing cervix and CM checks but I'm mainly wanting to reply on the OPKs to test for ovulation. We were planning on starting TTC at least by March/April so I have time but still wanted to start figuring out my O days.

Any insight is super helpful!

If it was a chemical you should have had af. Have you tested hpt lately? You can keep using opks to test for lh surges but if your pregnancy tests were positive then you may want to see a dr soon if no AF comes. I am not one to prescribe seeing a doctor but getting a positive hpt and then negatives should be followed by AF to shed the lining and start your cycle over. You may be pregnant and just have low hcg or may not metabolize and excrete the hcg well in urine.

I went and got a blood test two days after my positive test and it came back negative, but by then I was already getting negatives on the home tests. I already called and made an appointment. They originally wanted me to wait 3 months to be seen but I said no and they scheduled me for the end of January.

I want to start using OPK's before then though, just to see what's going on/if I am ovulating.

no harm in using the opks. They will tell you if lh is building.

So basically do just as I was planning and test daily until I see that they're getting darker?

Yeah that would work fine .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"