Any Ladies Delivering At Cresswell , DGRI

meandmrb2011

Expecting #3
Reaction score
Hey ladies ,

I hope you have all had a good weekend ? Is there anyone else going to deliver their babe at the Cresswell Maternity Unit , DGRI. :thumbup:

:hi: ME :D I am having a section on 5th March xx

:hi: ME :D I am having a section on 5th March xx

:happydance: helloooo !!!!

I just moved to Moffat from England a few months ago , my mum is here . My hubs is away ontour with Air Force. If you don't mind me asking why did you opt for a an elcs? My number2 babe was an emcs , I am going to try VBAC with this baby!! :cloud9: Are you all organised for baby ?

Hey hun :D

Aww Moffat is a lovely town, my friend used to live there. How are you settling in? aww so sorry your hubby is not with you :( How long till he is back?

I had a lot of trouble when i gave birth to DS1 (i lived in cumbria then) so to try avoid it happening again and out of pure fear i have opted for an ELCS. Good luck for your VBAC :D

We are 99% ready :) Just need to stock up on some more formula and get our change table then we are all set. Are you ready? :flower:

xxx

hey hun how did your appointment go on Tuesday? Mine went well today :D Baby is estimated at 6lb 2oz just now :) xx

hey hun how did your appointment go on Tuesday? Mine went well today :D Baby is estimated at 6lb 2oz just now :) xx

Hey lovey! Sorry for delay in getting back to you , I had SROM on Monday and only just got out of Cresswell yesterday . I'm in daycare twice a week now to be monitored checked for signs of infection .... Then the plan is to probably induce at 37weeks. :thumbup:

I had a growth scan whilst I was in , babes is measuring 39+1 , 6lb9oz at 34wks :wacko:

oh no hun sorry to hear that news!! I'm glad they are keeping a close eye on you though. Do you have to goto cresswell twice a week or moffat hospital? (I think they have a hospital lol)

aww looks like your having a little chunkey monkey. But if they induce at 37 weeks they wont have put on too much by then. And thats if they let you go that far with watching for infection. Fingers crossed there are no signs of infection though and you do get upto 37 weeks :thumbup:

Did you have nice midwives when you were in hun? The one i got on Thursday was a complete and utter cow :( I dont think she likes bigger women as she got so many little digs in there about my weight it was unbelievable. And then she started on about my 3 year old's speech problems telling me its because im lazy and dont make him say the words.. i thought how dare you after only spending 10 minutes with us presume what we do with our son all day every day :growlmad: xxx

oh no hun sorry to hear that news!! I'm glad they are keeping a close eye on you though. Do you have to goto cresswell twice a week or moffat hospital? (I think they have a hospital lol)

aww looks like your having a little chunkey monkey. But if they induce at 37 weeks they wont have put on too much by then. And thats if they let you go that far with watching for infection. Fingers crossed there are no signs of infection though and you do get upto 37 weeks :thumbup:

Did you have nice midwives when you were in hun? The one i got on Thursday was a complete and utter cow :( I dont think she likes bigger women as she got so many little digs in there about my weight it was unbelievable. And then she started on about my 3 year old's speech problems telling me its because im lazy and dont make him say the words.. i thought how dare you after only spending 10 minutes with us presume what we do with our son all day every day :growlmad: xxx

What an absolute witch !!!!! :growlmad: I had a few really nice ones upstairs . When you go in for your elcs and are on mat suite I hope you get one of the nice mw's . My favourites were Diane and Jacqui (sp?) both blonde and in their 40's I would say. But a great laugh !!! :thumbup:

Yeah I am hoping to make it to at least 36wk , I am SO full of baby and getting really uncomfortable now . Hey you never know we may end up in at the same time !! :happydance:

Don't worry about the midwives lovey , if your baby is healthy and you are doing ok in yourself I really wouldn't worry, :hugs:

ooo i hope so hun, my sister told me a lot of them are really nice up on the wards :D

We very well could be in at the same time :D I have 16 days left till my section. I can't wait for it all to be over lol. Then i just have to heal and recover. Every day is constant pain for me at the moment with my silly pelvis :dohh: Will be real nice to be able to walk/turn in bed without cringing in pain xxxx

ooo i hope so hun, my sister told me a lot of them are really nice up on the wards :D

We very well could be in at the same time :D I have 16 days left till my section. I can't wait for it all to be over lol. Then i just have to heal and recover. Every day is constant pain for me at the moment with my silly pelvis :dohh: Will be real nice to be able to walk/turn in bed without cringing in pain xxxx

Aww you poor thing. That must be horrid :hugs: I had very very minor spd with my daughter and in this pregnancy had chronic sciatic pain for a few months . Ironically now I am huge it has gone ! :haha: now I just feel really stretchy and fit to pop. I think recovery is so much easier these days , I was up and out my bed the same day as my section to go see my daughter in nicu. Then the next morning I was fully mobile showering ,walking around etc .

Ugh , just a prewarning , the mat suite is unbearably hot . Make sure you pack really light cotton pjs/nightshirt . And plenty of little freshen up wipes , I felt disgusting the entire time , as it was so hot and sticky !! Oh and defo get your partner to get you a TV card , there is nothing to do/see and the poor midwives are so busy . So unless you have your family / hubs in , then you will have nobody to talk to . Other than those little niggles I didn't find it too bad , the food was actually ok and you can choose portion size :baby: they don't disturb you if you are resting (my last hospital would wake me at all hours:cry:) . The little kitchen is handy for teas coffees etc . The rooms are a nice size and are bright and have enough storage .

I really hope all goes well for you !!! :hugs:

hehe i cant believe your pain has gone now you'v got bigger.. its normally the other way round. Although its a good thing :flower: Oh that sounds reasuring. I want to be up and about as soon as posssible. I have my section on a tuesday and am hoping to be home on the thursday if everything goes well.

Yeah my sister was the same when she was in with each of her children. Last time she even had a big fan going all the time and the room was still too hot.

Do you know how much the TV cards are hun? I looked last time i was at the assessment unit but couldn't find a price :shrug: hubs is only able to come in the day i have my section as lil one has nursery the rest of the days and family are only coming that first day too for the night time visit :( So ill be pretty lonely till i get discharged.

oo I'v not seen the little kitchen, but i dare say i will be shown that when i go on the night before my section. I love the rooms... they are HUGE compared to what i was in with my son. After ds1 I was in a ward with 3 other ladies and babies, and only 1 toilet and a shower between us all. So its going to be FAB having my own room and my own bathroom!!

have you had a good day hun? We've been down to the loch to feed the swans.. went on a see-saw for the first time in years! xxx

hehe i cant believe your pain has gone now you'v got bigger.. its normally the other way round. Although its a good thing :flower: Oh that sounds reasuring. I want to be up and about as soon as posssible. I have my section on a tuesday and am hoping to be home on the thursday if everything goes well.

Yeah my sister was the same when she was in with each of her children. Last time she even had a big fan going all the time and the room was still too hot.

Do you know how much the TV cards are hun? I looked last time i was at the assessment unit but couldn't find a price :shrug: hubs is only able to come in the day i have my section as lil one has nursery the rest of the days and family are only coming that first day too for the night time visit :( So ill be pretty lonely till i get discharged.

oo I'v not seen the little kitchen, but i dare say i will be shown that when i go on the night before my section. I love the rooms... they are HUGE compared to what i was in with my son. After ds1 I was in a ward with 3 other ladies and babies, and only 1 toilet and a shower between us all. So its going to be FAB having my own room and my own bathroom!!

have you had a good day hun? We've been down to the loch to feed the swans.. went on a see-saw for the first time in years! xxx

The TV cards are £10 for three days , I chose that one as its £5 for one day , so you save buying a 3day card . What it does , is when you insert the card in the side of your unit it only takes 24hr off the card at a time! It includes 20 or so channels and the film club , radio and free calls to 01 numbers . So you can call land line for free. . . When you go in you will go up the lifts and right outside mat suite is a vending machine for the cards . It also had the film guide for the two movie channels they have :thumbup: so don't forget to pick that up!!

I was in a 2bed bay when I was in , but had it to myself the entire time bar a few hours on a Thursday when a girl was in for steroid injections.

I'm supposed to be on rest now so I've not done much .... Staying at my mums so I done some vacuuming and then walked to the bottom of her farm track and back ...only about 1/2mile but it was the fresh air I needed !!! Haha I love seesaws and swings , I'm such a child :haha:

Aww well if you get stuck in Hun I have To go to cresswell every Thursday , I know we have not met but I could pop up for coffee and say hi :thumbup:

The TV cards are £10 for three days , I chose that one as its £5 for one day , so you save buying a 3day card . What it does , is when you insert the card in the side of your unit it only takes 24hr off the card at a time! It includes 20 or so channels and the film club , radio and free calls to 01 numbers . So you can call land line for free. . . When you go in you will go up the lifts and right outside mat suite is a vending machine for the cards . It also had the film guide for the two movie channels they have :thumbup: so don't forget to pick that up!!

I was in a 2bed bay when I was in , but had it to myself the entire time bar a few hours on a Thursday when a girl was in for steroid injections.

I'm supposed to be on rest now so I've not done much .... Staying at my mums so I done some vacuuming and then walked to the bottom of her farm track and back ...only about 1/2mile but it was the fresh air I needed !!! Haha I love seesaws and swings , I'm such a child :haha:

Aww well if you get stuck in Hun I have To go to cresswell every Thursday , I know we have not met but I could pop up for coffee and say hi :thumbup:

That's if I'm not in anyway lol

That would be lovely hun :D

Thank you for the price.. cant believe how much it costs! just for a little bit of tv. hehe i hope the films are good. Its a shame there is no internet on those station things... the ones where i had ds1 had internet on them. it was a god send. I'm glad you get free calls to 01 numbers though.. means i can call dh and keep him up to date on things.

oo that sounds like a nice walk.. especially how its been today! Its not nice being cooped up inside all the time so im glad your able to get some good fresh air :thumbup:

xxxxx

That would be lovely hun :D

Thank you for the price.. cant believe how much it costs! just for a little bit of tv. hehe i hope the films are good. Its a shame there is no internet on those station things... the ones where i had ds1 had internet on them. it was a god send. I'm glad you get free calls to 01 numbers though.. means i can call dh and keep him up to date on things.

oo that sounds like a nice walk.. especially how its been today! Its not nice being cooped up inside all the time so im glad your able to get some good fresh air :thumbup:

xxxxx

It is a bit pricey , BT if you think how easy it is to spend £10 these days , suddenly it does not seem so bad. Not when it's your sanity in question :haha: I have no idea how people sit there with nothing for days :shrug: the films are ok it has sections and there are some new ones . Haha I sound so nerdy talking on & on about this TV card lol. :blush:

Oh well time to get up , I have a hectic day , and my first daycare at Cresswell! This drive 4x a week is going to be mind numbing lol. But at least babes gets checkup xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->