Any ladies here not produce milk with previous pregnancies?

Dolly84

Pregnant with #2 :-)
Reaction score
Hello, just a quick question really.
When I was pregnant with ds everything went textbook. I got to hospital and had a natural water birth. I had planned on beeastfeeding but had brought some cow and gate with me just incase it didn't work out. Well I tried breastfeeding and didn't feel like he was getting anything, tried again an hour later and nothing, spoke to the midwife and she made sure his latch was right and we listened for the swallowing but nothing! She then had a go at hand expressing but nothing, not even a drop, I decided this had gone on long enough and decided to give him some formula, he was so satusfied after he had had it. I didn't get the sore boobs ladies speak of after giving birth when the milks meant to go away and the midwife said she believes I just don't produce milk.

My question is im now pregnant with #2. Did you find that you didn't produce with #1 but could breastfeed with #2?

I'm thinking that it's probably gonna go that way again this time which I'm totally fine about but was just curious.

Thanks for reading ladies xxx

I had a very difficult time bf with my oldest, we ended up doing both formula and some bf. I never had an issue bf with my second, he didn't even get bottled breast milk. I was much more relaxed and I didn't pump. For me pumping was awful, I would look at how little I got (with my first) and just stress about it. I am bf again with this last baby if all goes well, I am assuming it will but you never know with our bodies! Sometimes they have other plans! GL do what works best for you!

With my first I tried for a month and supplemented while I tried to get my milk up problem being it never went up I tried everything constant pumping some cookies and fenugreek. I guess it just wasn't supposed to be. I really want to this time so hopefully I can but if I can't at least I know I won't be disappointed like last time. Good luck I hope you can!

Will be watching this with interest. I'm in the same position, didn't produce with my first and really hoping I do with this one. I had diabetes though last time and was on insulin which I was told can affect your ability to produce milk, so far I don't had diabetes with this one so I'm hopinng things will be different. I will be getting some things like funugreek in though to have on hand when we come home to give myself the best chance and if it looks like its going the same way then I will be at the docs pretty quickly to get some meds that can boost your supply.

It was such a shame as well because DS had a perfect latch there just wasn't anything there for him :(. It pretty rare to not produce anything though so there might not be many people with similar experiences out there.

Thankyou for your input ladies, yeah I tried pumping too and didn't get a drop that way either, I was quite disappointed that I couldn't so if the same happens this time at least I'm expecting it 😊 my cousin had her little boy a few years back and she didn't produce any milk like me also so maybe there's something in the family xxx good luck ladies xxx

Thankyou for your input ladies, yeah I tried pumping too and didn't get a drop that way either, I was quite disappointed that I couldn't so if the same happens this time at least I'm expecting it 😊 my cousin had her little boy a few years back and she didn't produce any milk like me also so maybe there's something in the family xxx good luck ladies xxx

Ironic you mention your cousin! My mom didn't produce with me or my brother as well she finally produced with her third and last and him and I have a 18 year age difference! So I hope maybe since it's my second I'll produce! Gotta keep my hopes high ^.^

Ironic you mention your cousin! My mom didn't produce with me or my brother as well she finally produced with her third and last and him and I have a 18 year age difference! So I hope maybe since it's my second I'll produce! Gotta keep my hopes high ^.^

Yeah fingers crossed for us, I will Defo give it another go this time but if it looks like it's going the same way I have no problems supplementing with formula. Didn't do my ds any harm, he is such a clever strong and loving boy 😍xxx

Following - I had tons of milk with my first two, by this time with them I was ready leaking everywhere! But at the present I am
bone dry. Wondering where it is!!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->