Any ladies here on progesterone?

brunette&bubs

Mommy to James
Reaction score
I had my appointment yesterday and my hcg came back as 26, progesterone wasn't back yet but she went ahead and prescribed me 200 mg of progesterone 1x per day.

I was just wondering what symptoms you had on it...

Just took it for the first time last night and already experienced dizziness and loose stools.

I've been on progesterone since 4 days past ovulation. I was taking 200mg vaginally once at night. I really didn't have any side effects from it. After I got my bfp, my progesterone level was 22.5. Then two weeks later, it dropped to 14. My doctor told me to take (2) 200 mg suppositories, one in the morning and one at night. Now I feel crappy. Constipated, lots of discharge from the suppositories, heartburn, nausea, dizzy spells. I don't know what's from the progesterone or what is just normal pregnancy stuff. I am currently in my 9th week and my doctor said I could stop taking it once I hit 10 weeks. Kinda scared to drop it cold turkey. Everything I read says the placenta takes over around week 12. Believe me, I would love to stop taking these things but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk of miscarrying.

I wasn't on progesterone with my son, so it is all new to me.

I have 60 pills.... I am not sure how long she will keep me on it. It does have me worried that something might be wrong.

I took progesterone with my last pregnancy. I felt very tired daily, I could sleep the clock round honestly. I also felt sick a lot and had dizzy spells. I took the medication till I had my scan then my GP told me to stop. I was prescribed progesterone with this pregnancy too but told not to take it until I had my results, my results were 36 so I was given the choice to take it or not. I choose not to take it and would allow my body do what ever it was going to do. I am now 12 weeks and I think all is well. I have another week and abit to wait for my scan. X

I'm on progesterone injections daily until next Wednesday when I'm 12 weeks. I did ivf and while it's not really necessary this far out my dr is being extra careful with me. Then Thursday I start oral progesterone 400mg daily until the end. It's for some uterine issue I have. But it makes me feel groggy when I take it. Symptoms go away after an hour or so.

I've taken progesterone with all but my first pregnancy (13 years ago) so I honestly don't know what pregnancy would be like without it so I am not sure what is normal and what is an effect from the progesterone. :)

My friend took 100mg of progesterone orally and she was sick all day everyday.

I'm worried for you Mobaby, seeing you will have to take 400mg orally! I hope you do okay with that. I'm on 400mg of progesterone suppositories and I feel sick but I'm not throwing up like my friend was. If it gets to be too much, ask to do it vaginally.

My friend took 100mg of progesterone orally and she was sick all day everyday.

I'm worried for you Mobaby, seeing you will have to take 400mg orally! I hope you do okay with that. I'm on 400mg of progesterone suppositories and I feel sick but I'm not throwing up like my friend was. If it gets to be too much, ask to do it vaginally.

They didn't make me sick last time. I'm on 100mg injection now and tolerate it well. The 400mg oral would be a similar dose to that since the oral progesterone isn't as strong of a dose. I hope it doesn't make me sick this time. I will not do it vagibally. I have enough discharge. Last pregnancy I did vaginal (crinone) until 12 weeks and it was the worse. I hate feeling like that down there all the time. If I'm not tolerating it orally though I may have to ha he to vaginal.

Im i using crinone vaginal gel at the moment and will be doing that twice a day until im 8.5weeks as this is an IVF Pregnancy.

Currently on my first round of progesterone. I haven't had a cycle in 125 days since coming off BC, labs came back and it was low. From what I was told it is to bring on a cycle, but confused if I will ovulate on it.

Good luck to everyone!

Currently on my first round of progesterone. I haven't had a cycle in 125 days since coming off BC, labs came back and it was low. From what I was told it is to bring on a cycle, but confused if I will ovulate on it.

Good luck to everyone!

No you won't ovulate. It's to make your body think you ovulated so when you stop you should have a withdrawal bleed 4-7 days after.

Good luck to everyone!

No you won't ovulate. It's to make your body think you ovulated so when you stop you should have a withdrawal bleed 4-7 days after.

Thank you! Guess there will be something else for me to go one for that! Isn't this process supposed to be enjoyable!?

Am on 1x400g suppository per day. Hate it!! When is everyone allowed to stop taking it? I think I am going to continue until 12 weeks....

I was on it with DD. It made me feel dizzy (almost drunk like), but I eventually got used to it and didn't notice it as much by the end. Also made me really groggy. I took it til 13 weeks as a precaution. I'm having my levels checked to see if I need it for this pregnancy now. I'd rather not take it if my levels are ok on their own, but if low, I absolutely will. Really hoping I won't need it though!

I'm taking prometrium before bed because of the drowsiness. When do others take it?

I have to take it before bed because it makes me fall asleep almost instantly

I just made it to my 10th week of pregnancy and my RE told me I can stop taking my suppositories (I take 2 200mg pills vaginally). I'm too afraid to stop them, so I took one last night before bed and I will continue taking 1 at night until my obgyn appointment on the 25th. Then I will see what he says. Hopefully they take blood and check my levels.

Everything I read about when the placenta actually takes over is different. My doctor says 9 weeks, others say 12. I can't seem to find a concrete answer.

Hope, my dr told me it has taken over by 12 weeks. If you are worried, it won't hurt you to go to 12 plus you've gone down from 2 to 1, so I think that would be sufficient, you could possibly even do every other day towards the end.

No side effects here ,I do take it after I eat. But- I am also on such a low low does (10mg) which I have an off feeling isn't going to do anything,that I doubt I would have any side effects.

Drowsiness is a top side-effect though.
Common progesterone side effects may include:

drowsiness, dizziness;
breast pain;
mood changes;
headache;
constipation, diarrhea, heartburn;
bloating, swelling in your hands or feet;
joint pain;
hot flashes; or
vaginal discharge.

Users who are viewing this thread