Any ladies on here dancers?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
So are any of you ladies on here dancers? Eg: salsa, street dance, ball room etc.

How long have you been doing it?

X

i started dancing when i was 3, did tap, modern, ballet, a bit of latin and ballroom and we also did sessions of world dance too like we did the italian tarantella once. don't know if that was real but it was fun wearing the clothes! i gave up at 16 cos it wasnt cool anymore :p started again at uni but just for fun, now i cant pick things up quickly at all. what do you do laDY?

I started with Highland Dance when I was 4. I've done jazz, tap, contemporary and latin since then. Samba & Contemporary are the ones I've done the longest, going on 9 years for both of them. xx

Hiya, i'm a ballroom/latin dancer. Been dancing for about a year and a half. Done lots of exams, training to go into comps next year :)
Also, starting ballet & street in Sept.

Hi thanks for your replies. I also a Latin American dancer, I absolutely love it! I am actually interested in entering competitions etc too....basically taking it more seriously than I do.

Dani if you don't mind me asking how did you go about or should I say how are you going about entering competitions etc? X

It's all through my dance teacher :). I started dancing to get me out of the house and to do something for myself but she's really pushed me to take my medal exams etc.
Apparently there's a comp in cardiff in October which she may be taking me to just to watch the others and see what i'm up against :p
But yeah, i'm working towards competitions for next year really.
Do you dance through a school?

Hi dani, yeah I started off with round the corner pub classes etc and have not started attending a dance school. May be it it worth talking to my dance teacher? I also started this originally to get out of the house for a bit but iv really started to enjoy it. Not sure if I'm competition material but would love to see what it is all about! X

Yeah i'd talk with your dance teacher, I started through an evening course (college), teacher thought I was good so started pushing me, after about 30 weeks in beginners was moved to an improvers class and put into my exams. Now the talk is of competitions. It's madness :haha: but I love it too. If I could dance all day everyday I would.
If your teacher doesn't know, perhaps look into different dance schools? I know not every dance school in Cornwall puts people through exams and comps so it might be worth having a talk around xx

I used to do tap and jazz classes when I was about 10 for a year. I had to give them up when my parents couldn't afford them anymore.

I've been part of an armature drama society for the last 10 years and dance with them now for shows. Though I’ve been off stage since I was 3 months pregnant. I love doing such a variety of different types of dance.

I would like to find a class to do again but I'm not sure what type

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"