Any ladies pregnant but who thought they were getting their period?

Kathleen1

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I know this is the wrong forum but Im hoping you can give me some advice from experience.

Aybody got a light period for one day when they expected their period, but it then stopped and it turned out they were pregnant?

I ovulated roughly, at the latest, three weeks ago! (we had sex then). So I would have expected my AF to show up by now. I tested last Tues (approx 16 dpo) and was negative. Then on Weds I started what I thought was my period. I used tampons, but there was only a little bit and stopped after less than a day. Since then (now Sat) nothing, apart from the occasional small amount of brown discharge on the tampon. :shrug:

Today I started to get cramps for the first time (which I only ever get AFTER my AF have started)

Since over a week now I have had very loose bowl movements, which I got almost the moment I was pregnant with my first child.

Obviously I could do another test,but interested to hear your thoughts!

thanks K

Hi sweetie! Personally, I felt like my period was coming but waited and when she didn't show up and it was cd 41, I tested and got my BFP. I had cramping that was exactly like lighter pre-period cramping and it was pretty constant for a few weeks, then was off and on, but I never bled.

It's possible what you experienced was implantation bleeding and if so you'd probably be too early to get BFP. My advice is wait about 7 days and test again! :thumbup:

Thanks Skywalker.

But this would be way too late for implantation bleeding, (and too much). But on the other hand it would be way too little to be a period. Besides it's nearly three weeks since I ovd. (judging by EWCM).

I suppose I should just test again to solve the mystery!

Last pregnancy in the February i had like a day long period, not normal legnth or amount... Ends up i was 4 weeks pregnant. Had a normal period in the january and this tiny bleed feb. My boy is nearly a year old now. I tested 17th feb 2012 day after the dodgy bleed. Given edd for him or 16th october

I haven't been to the dr yet to confirm my pregnancy but I have had 3 positive frers. I tested late because I honestly thought I had my period I actually filled most of a tampon on one day and continued spotting for two more. (All of it was brown) It came a few days early and then after it was done I just felt like something was off. I also had very loose bowel movements for a little over a week as well... Test again in a few days. You could have gotten a false negative.. If your period doesn't start soon and you keep getting negatives maybe make a dr apt and get some blood work? I've read that the first few weeks or more can feel like af is coming. This is my first time with all of this... Sorry I'm not much help! Good luck ... Hope you get a bfp soon :)

Not really the same but I had a light flow for 7 days from about 3dpo. I thought it was too early and too heavy for ib, but then got my bfp. GL.xx

I had so much cramping that I took about 3 iboprofs, convinced my period was coming lol. It was a massive shock when I got my bfp!

My main symptom is always AF-like cramping. With my daughter I had a weird light on and off AF as well.

I didn't have any bleeding at all, but I had plenty of cramping that I thought was AF coming for weeks. I didn't test until I was almost 6 weeks and got my BFP. Are you absolutely sure of when you ovulated? I usually ovulate on cycle day 21 which would make me 12+1 but I ovulated on cycle day 35 this time and I'm 10+1. Maybe it was just late this time and it's still early for a BFP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->