Any Lincolnshire ladies???

Catkins2011

Proud mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
This is gonna be a bit of a long one, so please forgive me, but Im after a bit of help (nothing new there, lol). Basically, I recently inherited a bit of money-not a large amount, and I wouldnt be able to buy a garden shed in London, but while I was bored at work today, I googled 3 bed houses for sale for the amount I have, and quite a few in Lincolnshire (amoungst a few other places I would not want to move to) came up and this has started to put ideas in my head!
I currently live in central London in a 2 bed 3rd floor housing association place. I have always wanted to own my own home, with a garden but living in London, it will NEVER happen. I do love my flat, it was brand new when I moved in 8 years ago, and is in a great location etc etc, but Ive also been worrying recently about whats going to happen when I have my baby, as my sons room is tiny and can just about fit him in it, let alone 2 kids, and what if its a girl.... Ive also been wondering (for a few years now) if it would be better to move out of London and now my mum has passed away there is nothing at all keeping us here. Anyway, rambling now, sorry..:wacko:
Basically, Im trying to weigh up whether we should stay in the 2 bed flat in London or move to Lincolnshire and buy a 3 bed house with a garden. Obv i'd make a few trips down there and see whats its like and look into it fully before I made any decisions, but just so Ive got some ideas for when I run my idea past the hubs, can any of you ladies help me out...
What is it like living there?
Would you reccommend it?
How did you find living there as a child (if you did)?
What is there to do for children there?
any areas to avoid etc?
Would it be a better quality of life than living in London?
Is it a good idea or am I just beoing totally mad? :haha: :shrug:
Sorry this was so long and thank you so much for reading and any help you can give me xx

Me....... I live in Lincolnshire and I love it, we have lived near Newcastle and it doesn't compare. Lincolnshire is my home and I would recommend it to anyone. Lincolnshire is full of history and many beaches Skegness, Mablethorpe, Grimsby and also has many places to take children as im sure London also has. Also living is not expensive either we have a 3 bed semi detached and we pay £475pcm and it's in a very nice area :)

Hope this helps xx

I live in Lincolnshire, been here all my life, I love it, complete polar opposite to London.

Where in Lincolnshire are you looking at?

I live in Lincolnshire, been here all my life, I love it, complete polar opposite to London.

Where in Lincolnshire are you looking at?

Have no idea to be honest- there are so many different areas! :shrug: ideally I'd want to be somewhere with nice greenery but not completely out in the sticks and isolated, and close to a town center. Im sure the kids would love it when they are little, but I worried there'd be nothing for teens. My worst nightmare is my son becoming a bored teenager and hanging around with the wrong crowd being anti-social and getting into trouble, but I guess that could happen anywhere!

i grew up there but moved away when i left for uni - some parts are really nice and others a complete dive so it depends where youre looking.

I live in lincs and have all my life. It will never compare to london for shopping, nights out etc

But theres loads for kids - parks, farms, beaches etc. and just places to run and play. I wouldnt move to a big city (i live in skegness) but i do go further out for decent shopping fir a family day though we have farm packs, seal sancatury, indoor play bowling. And there all fairly close

I live about 3 miles away from Lincoln city and have done all my life.

Lincoln is a lovely place to live in, it is full of history and for someone that hasn't lived here before it would be like a playground as there is a lot of do/see.
There are plenty of playgroups, surestart places, soft play etc to go to with kiddies.
There are some fab schools (although I didn't go to any of them) and my friends go to Lincoln uni & love it.

The negative points I find.. there aren't a lot of jobs really, unless you are trained in a something. Night life is nothing to write home about and the shops are pretty average, but it isn't far away from places like meadowhall, nottingham etc

xXx

I was born and bred in Lincoln - it's a wonderful place to live and grow up. Even if you live in the city centre, you're never more than 10 mins away from the countryside.

I only moved away to live with my, now, husband. I really miss Lincoln xx

Oh and I grew up in North Hykeham - about 10 mins drive from Lincoln itself. It's a fair sized town with plenty of shops etc and good schools. There are some lovely housing estates too, the older ones have lovely big plots of land xx

I live about 3 miles away from Lincoln city and have done all my life.

Lincoln is a lovely place to live in, it is full of history and for someone that hasn't lived here before it would be like a playground as there is a lot of do/see.
There are plenty of playgroups, surestart places, soft play etc to go to with kiddies.
There are some fab schools (although I didn't go to any of them) and my friends go to Lincoln uni & love it.

The negative points I find.. there aren't a lot of jobs really, unless you are trained in a something. Night life is nothing to write home about and the shops are pretty average, but it isn't far away from places like meadowhall, nottingham etc

xXx

Just down the road from me, I live in Sleaford :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->