• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Luck with Metformin??

erikaducote

Reaction score
I was given metformin yesterday, Havent started them yet, but i will Friday. Has anyone had any success with Metformin?

HI - I started metformin on the 29th (ish) of august, had my period the 2nd september (was due) then was grumbling on tuesday night that it was day 41 and it hadnt worked for me - reallly feeling sorry for myself. Hubby was due to give a sperm sample on the weds orning so I jokingly said i will go POAS just incase then you dont have to go - well it was positive!! absolutely gobsmacked! didnt expect it as was doing a test every few days for about 2 weeks! :cloud9:

so - yes here is one success story, also I had just refilled my prescription so good to go for the next time too lol.

Beaware there can be some dodgy side affects :growlmad:

P x

I did! I took 1500mg a day for 3 months and got my bfp the fourth month of taking it :)

I'm on my third week of taking metformin 1500mg! I've been extremely sick 24/7... No appetite at all, I'm basically living on toast, oranges and orange juice  its all i can manage to get into my system. Im hoping these side effects go soon as it's really taking its toll on me  but if it results in me having baby #1 i will happily go on with the side effects!

Hope it works for u too hun xxx

Thanks for the replies... I am so anxious so see if the meds help. But im hoping i do not get the horrible side effects. Ill keep you ladies updated.

Sweetpeas-- Congrats. Id love for that to happen to me.. I need to schedule my husband sperm test soon.. Wouldnt that be funny!! lol.. How is your pregnancy so far? Are you still on the Metformin?

No appetite at all, I'm basically living on toast, oranges and orange juice  its all i can manage to get into my system. Im hoping these side effects go soon as it's really taking its toll on me  but if it results in me having baby #1 i will happily go on with the side effects!

Hope it works for u too hun xxx

I have just started on metformin after being diagnosied with PCOS and I am also feeling quite sick. lots of tummy trouble. oddly i am also finding oranges easier to diagest.

This is all so very helpful, I started taking metformine this weekend. I could not keep anything down last night. But anything to get my BFP!! good luck to all you ladies!

Well I had a problem with my prescription so i wasnt able to start the met last week, however i did start it last night. So far, no side effects, hoping this stays the same. Ill keep you all updated... I only started on 500 mg i believe the dr is going to up my doseage after a week. How are you ladies holding up with it?

Well I had a problem with my prescription so i wasnt able to start the met last week, however i did start it last night. So far, no side effects, hoping this stays the same. Ill keep you all updated... I only started on 500 mg i believe the dr is going to up my doseage after a week. How are you ladies holding up with it?

Replying to u again to let u know how I'm feeling now 
Ok .... Week 1 I took 500mg metformin. Week 2 I increased to 1000mg then week 3 1500mg!! As u can see from my last post above I was extremely sick with nausea from the beginning of week 2... It was terrible I had no appetite, sick 24/7... It was awful but I finally got through the side effects! This is now week 4 for me and I have no side effects at all now, thank god... Just hoping for BFP now  ... So I just want to let u know that if u do have side effects keeping pushing through like I did and they will pass... Baby dust to all u lovely ladies xxxxx

Replying to u again to let u know how I'm feeling now 
Ok .... Week 1 I took 500mg metformin. Week 2 I increased to 1000mg then week 3 1500mg!! As u can see from my last post above I was extremely sick with nausea from the beginning of week 2... It was terrible I had no appetite, sick 24/7... It was awful but I finally got through the side effects! This is now week 4 for me and I have no side effects at all now, thank god... Just hoping for BFP now  ... So I just want to let u know that if u do have side effects keeping pushing through like I did and they will pass... Baby dust to all u lovely ladies xxxxx[/QUOTE]

That is probably what my dr will do with me. I hope you get your BFP. I will deffinetly stick it out if i do get side effects. Were you on the extended release metformin? Did you check to see if you ovulated? Did it work for you? Sorry im just hoping this medicine helps. =)

No I wasn't put on the extended release metfomin which is probably why I did have bad side effects... I haven't checked for ovulation yet as I still have another few days to go... But I'm so hoping it works as I was on clomid before metformin for 7 cycles and no ovulation occured so I'm praying that the metformin helps me ovulate... TTC 3 yrs now with Pcos ... It's not fair

No I wasn't put on the extended release metfomin which is probably why I did have bad side effects... I haven't checked for ovulation yet as I still have another few days to go... But I'm so hoping it works as I was on clomid before metformin for 7 cycles and no ovulation occured so I'm praying that the metformin helps me ovulate... TTC 3 yrs now with Pcos ... It's not fair

I know. My husband and i have been trying for almost 2 years. I have PCOS also.. It sucks. I also have done many rounds of clomid. They made me ovulate but my dr at that time didnt give me anything for the CM, so my new dr said that is probably why it didnt work. Who knows the reason though. I hope that metformin helps. Even if i dont get pregnant, im hoping it will help regualte my cycles and at least get me ovulating on my own! Ive been dealing with the PCOS since i started my cycles. I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 18. I am now 22... I get so upset bc all of my friends are popping up pregnant, its so not fair. but i keep telling myself it will happen at the right time.. Hopefully that right time is soon! ;) i hope you get the answers your looking for this month! :baby:

Me too... I was diagnosed at 18 I'm 26 now! Its so hard when friends and family are falling preg and I'm not even ovulating let alone falling pregnant :( it's so difficult cuz ur happy for them but also devastated at the same time! I too had probs from the min I began my cycles at 13... Was always at the doctors wanting to find out what was wrong with my body as my friends were having regular periods each month and I was lucky to have one every 6-8 months!!! It wasn't until I started telling my dr 2yrs ago that I had been ttc the last yr but nothing was happening that they decided to investigate! Typical .....

Yes Pretty much the same thing here. Im hoping this Metformin helps... Im anxious to up my doseage, but praying for no bad side effects.

Hopefully all goes well..

I hope you get your BFP this month!! Good Luck

I was taking 7.5mg femara alone, but the first cycle after M/C failed. So they added Met. 1500mg per day. So far so good LOL:thumbup:

Yes Pretty much the same thing here. Im hoping this Metformin helps... Im anxious to up my doseage, but praying for no bad side effects.

Hopefully all goes well..

I hope you get your BFP this month!! Good Luck

I hope you get a BFP very soon too ericka... Fingers crossed... We will stay in touch and see how we get on :) xxx

Erika... Forgot to mention there's another excellent site similar to this only it's for women with Pcos and has lots of info on it and forums about meds etc, there's a specific forum for metformin... I signed up to it yesterday, I find it better for women with Pcos ! Just thought I'd share that with u :)

Erika... Forgot to mention there's another excellent site similar to this only it's for women with Pcos and has lots of info on it and forums about meds etc, there's a specific forum for metformin... I signed up to it yesterday, I find it better for women with Pcos ! Just thought I'd share that with u :)

Forgot to give u the website name lol.... It's called soulcysters.net

So far I have heard good thing about metformin with helping women to conceive... I am hoping the same for me and all you other women on this forum. I am 26, my husband & I have never conceived in any of the 7 yrs we have been together. We have been actively ttc for about 1yr now. I was recently diagnosed with pcos (i have never heard of this until now). I was immediantly afraid and not sure what to do. My doc prescrided me 500 mg of metformin (I think she gave me the lowest dose because I am small) She told me to come back in six weeks I guess to take a pregnancy test, if it is not + :cry: I think she wil up my dose. The side effect so far have been to a minimal such as late nite diarrea and early morning nausea (not to gross anyone out, just thought I'd share) So far I have been taking it for about two weeks. I had my cycle last week so I am hoping for positive news next month.

I am up to 1500 mg now, I found as long as i have a full belly and lots of water no serious side effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->