Any makeup artists here?

beth_terri

Reaction score
I'm planning ahead for a Halloween party im going to, and plan to dress as a sugar skull.

Are there any products you would recommend for the pale/white face? I already have very pale skin so a pale foundation wont do the trick. I really don't want a typical greasy cheap face paint.

I'm thinking of using the Barry M shimmer pots for all the colourful parts. And probably just using an eye liner (Liquid?) for all the detailed pattern parts and teeth.

Also, will lash glue be good enough for sticking the gems/sequins to my skin?

And lastly, can you get some sort of glitter glue for the face?

Ps I want it uber glamorous and sparkly rather than dull x

Hi,
I'm not a makeup artist, but I have a face painting kit by snazeroo and its not cheap or greasy at all.
A start kit is £30ish and I got 6 colours, the white is brilliant. It goes on really well and stays on.
Also in the kit I got a pot of face glitter, which is pretty much glitter glue suitable for skin :)

Screenface and Kryolan def do the best products for what you're looking for. Google them, they sell online too. They are dangerous though, you'll go crazy for the stuff they sell!

Liquid liner is ok, but gel liner is better. It stays put and won't move all night, but also what's most great about it is it doesn't fully dry instantly, so you can actually blend once you've applied it if you want to shade parts of your face. Mac do a really good one and it lasts ages.

Eye lash glue is what makeup artists use to put gems and sequins etc on the face so that's fine. The best one I've used is duo xx

This is how I'd do it if using highstreet stuff.

I tend to use Ben Nye, if you don't want it too matt then put a little bit of highlighter (something like a MAC pigment pot in Vanilla) both between your skin and facepaint so it will blend with the FP when you put it on and then put it on your highlighted area (nose, cheek bones and brow bones). Make sure you put on the face paint with a brush and layer it on, then if you want a textured look use a sponge after it. The more you layer the longer it lasts.

On top of Barry M I'd recommend Mica pigment pots, you can get them really quite cheap on eBay. I can't recommend Barry M as never used them, Barry M is usually okay though.

And for the fine details, I would use face paint (or gel liner) as liquid liner smudges easily. Use something like a UBU No.36 brush (from ASDA as they're a stiff flat brush and they a stiff lip brush like Real Techniques - detailer brush (Boots).

After pop some transparent powder over your T-zone and then use something like Urban Decay setting spray or (I'd obviously NEVER recommend this) but a spritz of hair spray over it to set it a bit.

Done right, it will look stunning!!

Thank you! I can't wait to try it and have seen lots of amazing tutorials on YouTube! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->