Any mamas in Canada/Ontario area :) ?

katieebugg

Reaction score
Would love to chat!

I am 14 weeks tomorrow with my first baby, I am 24 years old and live in Ontario! :)

not in Ontario- but in Canada! :) In BC

Not into second Tri quite yet. But I'm 32 and pregnant with my third :) And I'm in Ontario!

24 years old, 22 weeks pregnant and living in the Okanagan (BC). Anyone else feel guilty that we get such a good maternity leave compared to some ladies from other countries?

Hi! I'm 30 with baby #2 on the way, this pregnancy is really draggggging. I'm in Alberta. Not feeling guilty about our mat leave, more grateful I guess

Hey ladies :wave: Baby #2 here - 23weeks & from Montreal...well closer to ottawa so not too far :haha:

I live in cambridge, Ontario :) baby #1 on the way!!

Love that we get a full year and I do feel bad for some of the leave in other countries.

Yay! Hello wonderful ladies and congratulations :) !! I was surprised when I joined the forum, most of the women I have talked to up to this point are from England. I was naive to their mat leaves beforehand! definitely feeling lucky.

How is everyone feeling!?

we are def lucky with our mat leave!!! I feel bad especially for the US ladies!

Hi there ladies, I'm in Milton (just west of Toronto) having our second daughter any day now. It is really fascinating reading about all the differences in our care and what ladies go through in other parts of the world.

One of my favourite things about this site is that no matter where you come from we all go through very similar experiences and can learn something from one another!

Hi there ladies, I'm in Milton (just west of Toronto) having our second daughter any day now. It is really fascinating reading about all the differences in our care and what ladies go through in other parts of the world.

One of my favourite things about this site is that no matter where you come from we all go through very similar experiences and can learn something from one another!

You're in Milton?? We just moved from there not long ago. We moved closer to Guelph. Too funny. We're the same age! Lol

MommyB - too funny and looks like our oh are the same age too! Small world!

what are the UK/US mat leaves like!?!

I think it's 9 months for the UK and only like 6 weeks for the US... really sucks for them!!

I'm feeling ok. Getting more heartburn, back and hips are sore. I feel like I'm finally starting a pregnancy glow :haha: my hair has felt silkier recently.

:hi: I'm 31 and in Toronto. Our leave is pretty fantastic compared to other places but I think they can take full pay where we get 55% so I guess there are some drawbacks. I am still so thankful for the 50 weeks I got to spend with DS and hopefully this little one as well.

Hi! I'm 29 and in BC. I'm so glad of the mat leave here, don't know if il even want to go back after a year!
I've seen a lot of posts about getting breast pumps on health insurance, does anyone know if this is the same in Canada?

Hi! I'm 29 and in BC. I'm so glad of the mat leave here, don't know if il even want to go back after a year!
I've seen a lot of posts about getting breast pumps on health insurance, does anyone know if this is the same in Canada?

I don't think so :(
I asked my friend on the weekend when I was at the baby show in toronto and she said no. But of course, maybe call your insurance company to see.

Whattoexpect- You'll obviously be delivering at Milton hospital right? How did you like it with your first? (Assuming you delivered her there). I delivered both my boys there and had great experiences. I really like the nurses. I even plan to deliver this one there even though we now live 25 minutes away.

MommyB - actually I'll be delivering at Mississauga trillium. I love my OB and that's where he's out of. ( I did live in Mississauga when I had my first) I can't say that it was a great experience. A lot Thar will be done differently now that I've been through the process. I have heard wonderful things about milton though. It's really too bad that it depends on your ob considering I never even saw him at the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->