Any mamas in Canada/Ontario area :) ?

Hello! I thought I'd pop in to say hi. I'm 7 weeks pregnant with my first in Ottawa. It still feels a bit unreal. But I'll be getting my first scan tmrw, then I think it'll really hit me :D

Hello to everyone! I live in Sarnia, Ontario and am pregnant with my second... my little guy will be two in July.

We had our son in BC and there I was offered gas first when I finally decided I wanted something (about 20 hours after we started), I wasn't into having the mask on my face so we went with an IV... the drug I got was Fentanyl which was given in small doses (and can max out at a certain point, we used about half of the allowed doses), it numbed the pain but mostly worked to sedate me and allow some rest between contractions.

I'm not sure what is commonly used in Ontario so I guess I will find out if I feel I need something with this delivery.

Hope this helps!

How is everyone dealing with the heat, now that we finally have some?

I usually love the heat but I'm afraid of feeling sticky and the swelling when I get a little bigger.

I usually love the heat but I'm afraid of feeling sticky and the swelling when I get a little bigger.

I'm the same way, but now I do understand why absolutely everyone said my due date was great because I wouldn't have to deal with the summer heat. Still, I'm much more of a summer fan so I'm glad the warm weather is here!

Hiya ladies! Got a bfp yesterday. I have 4 kids already. Live in Brantford, ON

June does sound perfect. Not too big in the winter and nice summer months to enjoy with the newborn.

Congrats on the BFP!!

I used to want a June due date too but I think I'd absolutely hate going back to work in June/July after mat leave, just as summer was starting. I don't know that there is a perfect time really...

I'd still rather the heat back than this miserable weather we're having today! Though my vegetable garden was in dire need of rain.

rain is ok. Miserable cold to start June not so much.

I was nearing the end of my pregnancy in June last year and I have a photo of myself and my daughter and we're in sweaters.

I absolutely agree, there's no perfect time. And the neat thing about living far enough north is the crazy diversity of seasons we get! Looking forward to swimming in the summer, picking apples in the fall, cross-country skiing in the winter (I have lots of big plans apparently).

Well, 39 weeks now. Can't seem to get to sleep tonight.

Not loving the heat! Lol- supposed to be 30 here this weekend- I will be stealing DS kiddie pool!

Ya, super hot can be super uncomfortable. I'd say it's been perfect in most of Southern Ontario lately, just hanging around in the low 20s. Though I haven't been getting outside as much as I should. Feeling really unmotivated to get out and about these days.

But, after this weekend I'll be going into natural-inducing mode. I know there's no evidence for what works, but I like walking anyway so I think me and the dog will have some long-ish outings next week.

I have to agree that the weather in TO has been very mild and I also haven't been taking advantage as much as I should.
The countdown is on treeroot!

Hi ladies, may I join? I'm near the Ottawa area Expecting my 2nd. No summer babies for me my little girl is born in February and this one will be November.

I will have one born in each season.

My oldest daughter is in spring (March 25)
My oldest son is in fall (December 1)
My youngest daughter is in spring (May 4)
My youngest son is in summer (July 22)

This baby is due in February, so finally get a winter baby!

Last year, pregnant with my son, it wasn't too bad through the summer. I even have a photo of me on my mom's back porch at the end of June in a sweater!

Happy Canada Day ladies, I hope you all had time to celebrate today.

Hi ladies, may I join? I'm near the Ottawa area Expecting my 2nd. No summer babies for me my little girl is born in February and this one will be November.

I'm in stittsville, expecting my first around new year's. Whereabouts are you?

Happy Canada Day ladies, I hope you all had time to celebrate today.

I was just happy having DH home for the day, I wish he could be home every Wednesday! Had my little one on June 11th, so he's 3 weeks now.
Nothing but a frenzy of feeding these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->