Any mums having homebirth??

sam#3

Lactivist & Intactivist
Reaction score
Hiya ladies,

Was just wondering if any of you are having a homebirth?

This will be my 2nd homebirth but this time im having a water birth.(all being well!)
I've bought a birth pool to hopefully ease the pain and to give birth in, does anyone have any experience of how good the water is for helping with the pain?

I got in the pool the other day to try it out and i did feel really comfy and sort of coccooned (sp) which was nice, and it was a lot easier to get out of than the bath is these days!!:blush:

Anyones advice and experiences would be great :hug:

yes yes! im planning a home birth, all the homebirths in my area have been suspended for the next few months so am hoping they get their staffing issues sorted soon!

I'm planning a home birth this time, i would love to use a pool but have purchased one yet as my baby is breech at the moment.

I used a birthing pool in hospital for my last birth. I used it as pain relief along with gas and air but got out to deliver. I would really recommend it. My son was 8lb 1oz and i needed no stitches which i think was down to being in the water for about 5 hours.

Which birth pool have you gone for?

I'm planning a home water birth. I just got my pool last week, it is a La Bassine.

We blew it up to check for leaks and all is well, I got inside it and it is really nice. It has two handles on the inside to help move positions, and it is super deep! My midwife came by for my home visit yesterday and she was really impressed with it.

Hi girls,
I'm due on Saturday!!! and am planning a home birth. I have a 'La Bassine' pool ready and waiting. We gave it a trial run last weekend and I can't wait to use it. Hoping that things go to plan. It's my first aswell. I have very supportive midwifes although some people still think we're a bit mad for not going to the hospital !

I'm planning a home water birth but it all depends on LO not remaining transverse forever...

Hey all,

Weve got one of the La Bassine pools,its so comfy!! Were really pleased with it, if i had my way DH would be filling and emptying it everynight but dont think he would be too impressed at that thought!!

Saw the midwife today and babs is engaged so im hoping for 'any day now'!!

-uvlollypop, surely the midwives have a duty to assist you if you want a homebirth?

It's all so exciting isnt it!! xx

yeah they do but if theres no staff they try to get everyone in to hospital.

have told my midwife its not happening so itll be interesting!

Bless ya, its not really a stress you need at the moment is it!!

So what would they do if you phoned them in the very very late stages of labour? Surely they wouldnt expect you to go in then?

Stand your ground hun, there must be something they can do xx

yep they would expect me to go in there and then :) its all good im not worried anymore what will be will be

Home births sound lovely. How did you find your first one? Obviously you enjoyed it or you wouldn't be having a second! If I wasn't such a worrier I'd of had one too. Maybe next baby :)

i'm hoping for a home birth too! not got anything organised like a pool but have a hire or a tens machine.

I wanted a water birth i got in the pool untill i was about 8cm dilated then i wanted to push so they made me get out to check me properly by the time i got out of the water i was in so much pain i couldnt get back up to get in, the water really helped it was amazing as soon as i got in i felt a million times better! if only i was a little more patiant!

Home births sound lovely. How did you find your first one? Obviously you enjoyed it or you wouldn't be having a second! If I wasn't such a worrier I'd of had one too. Maybe next baby :)

I found it great the 1st time, to me its braver people that go into hospital!! I have a hospital phobia so it was a much better option.
I loved that when your at home its all your familiar things and everything is on your terms, no-one is telling you what to do and when to do it. The best bit is having a shower after the birth and being able to curl up in your own bed.

I would really recommend it! :hug:

such great posts, thanks ladies
It's my due date today and was really hoping that he arrived as it was such a beautiful autumn day (not that I will probably notice the weather when things start moving!!). The pool is set in the living room ready to go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->