any 'natural' or AP approaches to toilet training?

My LO1 went through the same phase. We put her on the potty around 18 months and she took to it quite well. After two months, all her wees and poos went in the potty or toilet.

Then she went through a phase where nothing went in the potty and she had a lot of accidents. She refused to tell us when she needed to go. She seemed to care less whether she was dirty or not. No amount of praising or silly dances or explanations helped. She also seemed to holding it in when she was in the potty and letting it loose once she came off the potty.

The only explanation I could find was that there were a lot of changes going on in our lives at the time. Birth of her little sister, loss of her nanny, adapting to a new nanny, my OH travelling all the time for work, me going back to work. I think that the potty is one of the few elements in her life that she could have total control over. So she was using that to express her feelings about the disruption in her life.

She has gone back to being relatively dry but the phase lasted roughly a month.

BTW, I asked her if she wanted to go back to nappies and her response was a very forceful no. I didn't realise she hated the cloth nappies so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->