any of you girls experienced a MW with a bad attitude yet???? (read)

ProudMum

Reaction score
The MW just called to book my appointment, blah blah blah....
anyway, I wanted my appointments at the dr's surgery where I know I would feel more comfortable being since I have been registered there for 24 years and all the docs and staff know me quite well.
So she tells me I have to go to the health point at a freaking TESCO that is MILES away from anywhere- I ask her why and she said because its her ONLY appointment until the new year and she wants me to be seen ASAP since i'll be 11 weeks by the time I see her.
I then proceeded to ask what goes on at this appointment and she said "we'll take your history and bloods from you", I said "Oh bloods, well I wont be having those if thats ok... I had my last lot at 16 weeks when I was pregnant with my son and since all was ok back then i'll opt to having just the blood type and antibodies test"- she then very very rudely turns around and says "IF YOU DONT WANT THIS APPOINTMENT AND WANT BOOKING IN THE SURGERY INSTEAD IN THE NEW YEAR, THEN ITS UPTO YOU..."
I'm a very nervous person where drs are concerned, I have a phobia of them. This is why I wanted to be at the drs surgery with a MW I am familiar with. Instead they have landed me with a snotty one who clearly has no knowledge of who I am or what im like and is already taking a bad attitude with me.
I can see this is going to be absolutely freaking brilliant.....

Blimey, thats not on! Surely it's her duty to offer you tests and your decision to decline if you want? If she's offered then she's done her bit and she should respect your decsion surely? Maybe I'm being naive, this is my 1st bambino!

My midwife seems nice, but she was absolutely mental busy at my booking in appointment, she looked frazzled and told me she was working such long hours for the money basically, she then had 2 mobiles going off and answered them whilst I was there, and answered the land line too, she moaned about other ladies, so I won't be getting on her bad side iykwim!!!

they can be so horrible sometimes. I just had a horrible experience yesterday too and i know the feeling.

Just change if you can, peace of mind!

Hugs

They are so rude sometimes, I had a bad experience yesterday at my 12 week scan with the lady doing the scan and I think I may make a compliant about her! Poor you I understand

Some midwives travel and are generally not based at a surgery. I'm not sure when you initially rang her, but if its the only appointment that she can do then she can't really change that. You won't be her only appointment of the day

Also, she is doing her job by asking for you to get bloods. Ok, you were fine in your last pregnancy, but every single pregnancy is different.

So if you ring her, huff and puff about the appointment she wants you to have then refuse to let her take a proper blood test then tbh I'm not sure what reaction you were expecting.

If you had a phobia, you should have made that clear to her at the beginning of the call.

She could have been a bit more delicate about the situation, but she is only doing her job.

At my booking appointment my midwife asked me for every single thing they were able to test for whether or not I wanted that test so you should have a choice when it comes to bloods...I had to agree or disagree to a whole list of things.

I'm afraid you will have to have bloods done again chick. And you should be given choice with where you have your antenatal appointments, but they so get pretty booked up in some areas. Maybe you could ask if there is a mw willing to do a home visit? You can ask for that as a pregnant woman under their care... it is supposed to be about what the woman wants, but obv some mw are over worked and dont have time to travel as much as they would like.
But mw has no reason to be snotty with you!! xx

I think that the midwife could have handled it with a little more tact. If you are uncomfortable with her can you switch to another?

Im really sorry you were treated the way you were. I personally wouldnt accept that treatment. I have the same midwife I had with my ds and dd who are now 4 & 5 and she remembered everything about me which was so lovely. She is really kind and i can get in to see her pretty easily. I would not be impressed if they asked me to go a million miles away when i have a doctors surgery just down the road.
You dont have to have bloods if you dont want to and you can also select what you do and dont want. I hate to have them done as i am scared of needles (childhood fobia) but as i have a platelet problem i put up with it as it could be dangerous if they get too low. Why dont you ring the surgery and say that you were unhappy with the midwife that phoned you and that you would like to have someone else do your pre-natal care, the worst they can say is no but as you know the surgery they may be able to help out in some way. Best of luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->