Any of you ladies had the whooping cough jab in pregnancy and had normal birth?

I had the jag with no complications - my traumatic labour was due to my high bp and prolonged rupture of membranes resulting in an infection in both me and Ollie. Nothing to do with the jag and he's fine now!

I had the jab, nurse told me there were no known side effects but I did get a bad cough for the next week or so, whether that was related I have no idea. I had a perfect c-section as bubba was breech but I enjoyed every second of it, no ill effects from jab

I had the jab round about week 34, after much consideration. My 8 month old was nearly 9lbs at birth and perfect. It's a personal choice but my little sister had whooping cough at 4 months of age and was hospitalised - mum said she had serious feeding problems as a result because she had begun to associate coughing with being sick, and so wouldn't take her bottle.

It's a difficult choice. I too saw that the manufacturers did not recommend the vaccine in pregnancy and that bothered me alot. However, I had to go on the underground in London a week before I was due so was concerned I could catch whooping cough from the many people I'd be exposed to.

Good luck with your decision.x

I had the whooping cough vaccine and flu jab no probs. I did NOT know of any reccomendations to NOT take it in pregnancy. Infact it was a pregnant midwife who told me I should really very strongly consider it, and that she herself would be having it, and whooping cough had been particularly rife.

It was almost assumed I would DEFINITELY be having it..phrases like 'and you need to book your whooping cough jab' rather than have you considered having it.

I had the whooping cough jab, had a great birth. Perfect in every way. He was back to back but that had nothing to do with the jab, few puffs of gas and air and normal vaginal delivery x

I had it..problem free labour/birth and a perfect baby boy :) x

I had it a little later in my second pregnancy (about 32 weeks - had to querie it with doctor after finding out about a family history of complications regarding whooping cough). I had a perfectly normal natural birth with no pain relief. X

I had the jab and had a perfectly healthy 8 pounder baby after a natural water birth! No problems at all throughout my pregnancy.

I was a bit wary about getting the jab but did in the end. To me the benefits of the jab far outweighed any potential risks.

Good luck with your decision :D

Sorry it doesn't answer your question, but why not give it after pregnancy?

I asked about it before LO was born and was told to get it while I was still in the hospital after the birth, so that's what I did. Here we call it the Tdap (which is a mix of other vaccines too). I had DH and other family get it before LO was born.

Had the jab and had a normal birth (ok had an epidural, but that's because I'm a wimp, lol)

I asked about it before LO was born and was told to get it while I was still in the hospital after the birth, so that's what I did. Here we call it the Tdap (which is a mix of other vaccines too). I had DH and other family get it before LO was born.

Having the whooping cough vaccine towards the end of pregnancy should help protect the little one from whooping cough when its born. Its not given for mums benefit, its given for babies benefit.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stories, ladies! Love this forum, it has been nothing but helpful so far!! I had my flu and whooping cough (repevax) shots on saturday and am still having some nasty side effects (second day not at work, and I hadn't had a single sick day so far during this pregnancy), then noticed the leaflet actually notes that repevax isn't recommended for pregnancy (as I found out, that would be due to the simple fact that no vaccines are tested on pregnant women due to ethical reasons, obviously). Couple that with some worrying stories and the fact that there is no safety information published as yet, and you can imagine my reaction.. It has been difficult to obtain balanced and fact-based information. Thanks to you, I feel very reassured! Thank you! :) :flower::hugs::kiss:

I had it and had a lovely, straightforward birth and a lovely healthy little girl :).

Having the whooping cough vaccine towards the end of pregnancy should help protect the little one from whooping cough when its born. Its not given for mums benefit, its given for babies benefit.

Exactly this! Baby doesnt have any vaccinations until 8wks old and whooping cough can be fatal to newborns.
The vaccination given in pregnancy is to protect the baby (not the mother) until it is given its own jabs at 8wks old.
I had it at 29wks, normal vaginal delivery, waterbirth, no pain relief, no complications!
Xxx

I had the jab and had a successful vbac at 40+6. Never heard of any problems myself. Don't worry yourself about it! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->