Any old wives tales to conceive a boy??!

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
We have 2 lovely wee girls and I don't hide the fact that my DH would love to have a boy too.
Just wondering if anyone has heard any ways of conceiving a boy and if they have been known to work!!

I really think it's truly 50/50.

But you could try the shettles method- which basically states the closer to O you DTD, the more chances of having a boy as the boy swim faster but die off quicker.

Alkaline pH favors boy swimmers :) eat watermelon, carrots, celery, almonds, tomatoes....all promote a alkaline environment. Female orgasm also helps as your vagina becomes more alkaline after climax. Could have just been a coincidence but I got my boy when I was trying for #1 :) good luck.

We are not trying yet anyway- but I was pretty sure we Dtd right around O time for our girls and I had an orgasm too ! I'll try the alkaline method- that makes sense now cos on the prog '7 boys and wanting a girl' the woman was squirting lemon juice into her hooha before sex to make it acidic to conceive a girl..... Didn't work for her tho

Now officially ttc and would be interested to hear any more!!

Take a look at ingender.com - helpful website as I am TTC #2 but trying a girl sway whilst I'm at it as would love a little pink bump to complete my family.

Looks like an interesting site thanks!!
Hope you get your baby girl!

I always heard that boys swim faster but die off quicker where as girls are slower but stay viable for longer.

It actually worked for my brother, but my family is also known for having TONS of boys. Like I was the first girl in the family and everyone brought boy stuff to my parents baby shower because they didn't think I was actually a girl.

But the wives tale usually is that you want to try right at your ovulation dates for a boy. I swear I remember my grandma saying something like boys only travel for 1-2 days where girls travel 3-4? I honestly have no idea tho lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->