any one else put out for their c sec?

I was knocked out for the birth of my son as it was a cat A ecs and it was decided that I was going to have one at 14:15 and he was born at 14:31!! Oh wasn't present just left in the room :-( After Mckenzie was born he was taken to my oh and he was left in the room with him until a mw came in and said he could come and see me that was at 4pm I really was affected by that I wasn't awake for the birth it was quite a shock but I am so glade they did it if not we would have lost my cheeky monkey. Next time I am asking for a c-section

I know what you mean and even 6 months after my sons C-section I couldnt watch or talk about birth without ending up in floods for tears and to be honest Im not a 100% sure why or what was so upsetting to me as yes I had a healthy son. It was an emcs and I was asleep plus when I came round I had an asthma attack and was poorly for a while so when I first saw my son he had a nappy and babygro on and it was just so strange,,, I have been told I have to have a elective section this time around and Im already so worried about these feelings coming back yet hoping that the fact I'll be awake may help me bond quicker and feel less upset but I guess only time will tell x
i had the same, ethan was all dressed and snuggled up when i first saw him! i think i'd like to try a vbac if i got pregnant again, but if i did have a c sec, i would try soooooooo hard to be awake for it, now i realise what'd i would miss out on. I seem to be getting sadder about it, the more the weeks go on :(

Even though I will be trying for a vbac this time I am also preparing myself for another c-section if worst comes to worst. I will be writing a birth plan for my vbac and a separate one for a c-section. I will be asking for skin to skin and for baby to be passed to me first before being wrapped up. In the event that I am put to sleep I will still be asking for them to give me and the baby skin to skin. There are ways that you can remain in control even when things don't go to plan and it may help with your feelings afterwards.:hugs:

I know what you mean and even 6 months after my sons C-section I couldnt watch or talk about birth without ending up in floods for tears and to be honest Im not a 100% sure why or what was so upsetting to me as yes I had a healthy son. It was an emcs and I was asleep plus when I came round I had an asthma attack and was poorly for a while so when I first saw my son he had a nappy and babygro on and it was just so strange,,, I have been told I have to have a elective section this time around and Im already so worried about these feelings coming back yet hoping that the fact I'll be awake may help me bond quicker and feel less upset but I guess only time will tell x
i had the same, ethan was all dressed and snuggled up when i first saw him! i think i'd like to try a vbac if i got pregnant again, but if i did have a c sec, i would try soooooooo hard to be awake for it, now i realise what'd i would miss out on. I seem to be getting sadder about it, the more the weeks go on :(

I was told that Id need a C-section but was so against it that I pushed untill I got what my consultant called a trial of labour and things seemed to be going well apart from the epidural failing as I started to push (hence the need for a genral) one min my partner said he could see a a little head of dark hair the next all hell let loose and I was being shouted at to stop pushing and being put under :( I since learned that my uterus had ruptured and that there was alot of blood which must have been so scarey for my partner so I kinda wish Id listed and had the elective but hind sight is a good thing lol!
This time I know I dont have a choice and Im so worried which isnt helped by the fact that Im consultant led so dont have midwife appointments which would be easier to raise my fears and chat through during!
Like you it did get harder as time went on and one day I just broke down as it all came to a head when a friend was visiting...that is when things started to get better as she made an appointment for me and came with me to the surgery where I talked through my upset and was given therapy sessions through my gp, ok Im not going to lie at first I hated talking and didnt know what to say but little by little it all came out (even things I was suprised to hear myself say as I wasnt aware of) and I made peace with my sons birth so my best advice to you would be dont bottle things/feelings up in fear of sounding silly talk to someone who you know will listen and work through your feelings and I promise you it will get easier in time...If you'd like to message me please do and good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->