any one have a baby at 34 weeks and now is 5 months

massoma8489

mommy to 2 (1 angel baby)
Reaction score
how much does your baby weigh, my mum is killing me every time she sees my baby girl she trys to compare her to my 4 month neice she weights more then my daughter though my daughter is 14.8 and shes 15.12 somthn

i try to explaAIN to her it is because my baby was born premuture she tells me that has nothing to do with it. every time she sees baby she trys to feed her food that an older child may eat like sweets or bread or rice. and i end up not leting her she ends up thinking im mean and that i dont want her to be apart of my babys life . plz help im about to go crazie

btw my daughter is 5 months and 18 days she was born on 1/1/12 weighed 4. 13
had no difucltes with breathing or feeding.
last time i weighed her was 2 weeks ago she weighed 14.8 docter says she abslotly normal and doing a good job.

Your daughters weight is measured on corrected age so 14.8 is a great weight for a 4 month old! Your mum is out of order trying to feed your baby without your say so. Gluten should not be introduced until at least 6 months due to risk of developing intolerance or allergies. You need to sit your mum down and explain to her how prem babies weight and milestones etc are based in corrected age and not actual.

That's awful! She was a preemie, of course she will be small. I hate when people butt in. My twins are 8 months and born at 29 weeks and my girl is only 14.5 lbs. I think your dusters weight is perfect.

thank you girls i just wanted to see if i was the one correct not my mom info

i explanied to her about preemies and other people explaned but shes just hard headed

Please dont listen to your mum. Sounds like your baby is doing just fine. People just dont understand how different is it is caring for a premmie baby compared to caring for a full term baby. I have a friend who likes to "advise" me on my daughters upbringing but she really hasnt a clue...Grrrrrr

LOL! My LO was born at 6.11 and at 4 months (3 months adjusted) was 11.13, so your little one is even bigger than mine! My HV said he was thriving, looked good and she was very happy with his progress. (He's very long, tho!)

best wishes

Erin missed being a 34 weeker by about an hour and a half (and clocks had changed the week before which is downright cheating!)... she was born at 4lb 15, and at 10 weeks, last time she was weighed she was 9lb 2. She's starting the catch up now, but still is off the bottom of the centile charts on her actual age... something like 75th centile on her height though - how I'd kill to be tall and skinny, with her disgustingly shiny hair with dark aurburn streaks through it - lucky girl!

She's absolutely perfect for her age! If the drs aren't worried, then do not stress it! My son was born at 35 weeks & is now 8 months and still in the smaller side. I get asked daily if he is too small for his age. But he's right on track & doing things most babies don't do until 9-11 months :) hang in there!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->