any one use vitex and primrose oil pills?

sma1588

mommy 2 kaydence
Reaction score
im new to this site so hello every1.....
well i was told i have anenomyosis after a yr of pain and being on birthcontrol and then megestrol for the pain..... ive decided i want to get my cycles regulatated but try it naturally in hopes to concieve.... im thinking of getting the hystarectomy( spelling?) as soon as i can but want to try for baby(s) first......

so my question is... has any1 tried either of these pills seperate or togather and did they realy help? any luck?

p.s my last cycle was 55 days apart:growlmad:

Yes they helped regulate and shorten my cycles, but i never actually ovulated on them. The EPO helped with Cm and the Vitex shortened my cycles from 57 days to 33 days.

I finally gave up on using vitex to help ovulate and this month used soy isoflavones and got a bfp on my opk this month.

so when did you take the vitex was it all the way through your period or did you stop at O , how did you know when you were O-ing and im hoping it works for me as well ....... oh ya how long did it take for you to get regulated?

Hey,

I started using vitex - well agnus castus - I think it's the same , this month to try to shorten my cycle and bring forward ovulation. My ovulation is late and apparently if ovulate after cd20 more chance of miscarriage etc. I'm taking it up to ovulation - sadly I'm on cd21 at the mo. and no sign of ovulation approaching. Last cycle I ovulated on cd24 without agnus castus.

I've been taking 4 tablets a day. Lots of people report success staright away but I haven't been one of those people.

Best of luck to you though!

star.....
how long is your cycle usually?and how long is it now? mine was just 55 days and i dont think i even ovualted im not sure though.... i just started taking EPO and im gonna take that vitex when ever it gets here along with folic acid. so you take it up to ovulation right but what if you dont ovulate or know if you are ovualting? well lets hope this works

so when did you take the vitex was it all the way through your period or did you stop at O , how did you know when you were O-ing and im hoping it works for me as well ....... oh ya how long did it take for you to get regulated?

Well I got frustrated that it didn't work right away, took almost a whole month or so to actually work. I took it all the way through my cycle because i didn't actually ovulate on it. I hoped that after a few more regular cycles that I would ovulate but nope. even so you can take it all the way up to your bfp.

I only took 2 vitex every morning, and 1 epo. I've heard of some women taking as many as 6 vitex each day, two with breaky, two with lunch, two with supper.

Give it a try! It is wonderful :)

awsome i will try it... i should be getting it in the mail in a few days i got 6 bottles of it only because if u buy 2 you get 4 free so i hope it works and from what ive heard it doesnt work right away so im already prepared for that but even just regulating my cycles would b nice.......

Hi
I use Agnus castus to lengthen my luteal phase as it's only lasting about 9 days. The first month, my LP went up to 14 days. The next month I kept forgetting to take it because I was on holiday (a poor excuse I know but it's the truth) and my LP went back down. So now I'm taking it religiously to try and improve things.
...this is assuming i'm actually ov'ing. I get the temp dip and spike but have never had a positive opk.

xx SB xx

thanks star so then you take it all the way through then if your assuming your ovulating? hmmmm i just dont know if i should take it during that time specially if i dont know if or when im ovulating....... im ending my lovly time of tis month now so i hope i get my pills quick and start on track!!!!!!! any suggestions ?

yay i just got my vitex today and took 2 pills and will take another 2 later tonight...that what it says to do on the bottle...... lets hope it works.... the witch is on her way out now so i will b taking the pills from today to hopefully ovulation every month along with EPO and folic acid!!!!!!!

hi Im not in TTC but was TTC for over 3 years (I have PCOS) and did the Clomid for 6 cycles and that didnt work so I decided to try the Vitex as we arent well off enough to pay for IUI and IVF or anything extensive like that. anyway I got my BFP after taking Vitex for 3 months and I took it everyday :)

im new to this site so hello every1.....
well i was told i have anenomyosis after a yr of pain and being on birthcontrol and then megestrol for the pain..... ive decided i want to get my cycles regulatated but try it naturally in hopes to concieve.... im thinking of getting the hystarectomy( spelling?) as soon as i can but want to try for baby(s) first......

so my question is... has any1 tried either of these pills seperate or togather and did they realy help? any luck?

p.s my last cycle was 55 days apart:growlmad:

Me me me!!!! i started using vitex recently, i have been taking evening primrose oil for many months (stop using when i suspect ovulation) i also have slight pco, and for the first time in my life i'd say i have had the EWCM and a slight shift in temperature (bbt charting) it could be a coincidence but i believe that its down to the Vitex more than the EPO. i think i can say i am in the 2ww. i have a 28/29 day cycle but just always felt i was no ovulating. hence why i started vitex but i guess i will see further down the line if it contunues to have a good effect on me.

baby dust x

There is a really good book called "Taking Charge of your Fertility" that explains all the signs and how to track to know when you are ovulating. Also, you could check out fertiltyfriend.com and track your temps for free if you aren't already doing that. I think they have some instructions on there to that will help you learn how to know when and if you have ovulated. Good luck and I hope something works for you soon.

I used Primrose when I was trying to get my body to produce fertile cervical fluid along with a couple of other things that were recommended, but they didn't work for me. What did was quitting soda and drinking tons of iced tea (I think water works too), but watch the caffeine content of tea. I mix mine with decaf because tea has more caffeine than soda does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->