Any other breastfeeders in the first tri?

Celesse

Reaction score
Anyone else in the first trimester already breastfeeding an older baby/toddler? Hows it going?

I'm currently breastfeeding my almost 2 year old. This is the 3rd pregnancy I've nursed through. I nursed DD all the way through my second pregnnacy and nursed DS through my last pregnancy which lasted around 10weeks and ended in miscarriage.

DS has 2 definite feeds a day, first thing in the morning and last thing at night. And a hand full of mini feeds during the day. My let down started to go around 5 weeks. Last couple of weeks my milk has been very condensed and sticky and now it already seems to have completely gone. In pregnancy #2 it didn't dry up until 18 weeks and in pregnancy #3 it never dried up.

DS doesn't seem too bothered at the moment. He will quite happily dry nurse if he wants hugs or go do something else if he's bored.

Hi, I'm breastfeeding my lo. I think my flow has slowed down so my lo gets bored so have upped her feeds to make sure she is getting enough. Luckily tho I'm not getting too much pain when feeding its a bit more uncomfortable but not bad.
My midwife was a bit negative about breastfeeding and the thought of tandem feeding but I have researched and feel happy to continue as long as my lo is thriving.

I'm also still breastfeeding my 10.5 month old daughter. Just in the morning, when I get home from work and her bedtime. I was hoping to keep going until she weans herself but I think I now want to stop by the time she is a year old. She doesn't look like she wants to stop anytime soon as she is always so impatient to get on the boob!! I didn't have any symptoms with my daughter and though it's early days still, I have none with this pregnancy. No sore boobs which is a blessing as I think I would find it hard to continue.

:baby:

hi,
I'm not anymore but was for the first 9 weeks.
we were on one feed a day and that started to go, I also got a lot of pain when feeding so decided it was time to stop.

although I had thought she wasn't getting much at all, I have noticed that since we stopped she is eating a lot more for breakfast (the last feed was first thing I. the morning!) so whatever she was getting was very concentrated I think. it does make me wonder if I stopped too soon. but what's done is done and I didn't want to tandem feed so it would have happened at some poi t
good luck with it ladies xxx

Yes me! My DD is almost 22 months and still nursing about 4-5 times day/night. I´m only 5+3 at the moment and have no symptoms yet, I´m dreading sensitive nipples and hoping to be one of the lucky ones that won´t get them!

I am too! My LO just turned one. I reduced down to just feeding morning and bedtime a few months ago to return to work. I sometimes feel a bit sick when feeding, but think that might be because squashes my tummy a little. I don't think I am making very much milk any more. I've tried pumping a few times when he has had formula for various reason instead of his breastmilk, and didn't get very much (60 ml) - although I'm aware pumping can produce a lot less. In the evening he feeds for approx. 15 mins each side - so I do wonder if some of that is dry nursing.

Not sure how much longer we'll carry on. I've already decided that I don't want to tandem nurse, because I want to focus my breastfeeding efforts on the new baby. With this one it was probably one of the most difficult things I have ever done, due to baby being prem, poor latch and pain and I want the second baby to have every opportunity.

golly gosh i take my hat off too you ladies !! :0

doesnt it really hurt when your los get teeth !?

i BF my dd till 6 weeks my milk dried up shes 2 now couldnt imagine doing it now shes a little monster in disguise lol

you ladies must have some patience xx

I'm newly pregnant, about a month along, and still breastfeeding my 6 month old. I have wondered though of my milk is drying up because it takes forever to have a let down and sometimes I don't think I even have one. My son gets so angry because he is used to an instant let down most feedings and now he sucks for a good ten minutes before really getting anything. He is starting to seem like he dislikes nursing now.

I'm still nursing my 11 mo on demand (usually most of the night!) and pumping while I'm at work. I'm going to stop pumping when she turns a year, but I'll keep breastfeeding until she is done.

doesnt it really hurt when your los get teeth !?

Only if they decide to intentionally bite you!! And it can occasionally be uncomfortable when the teeth are coming through or they are poorly. Normal breastfeeding is fine with teeth as the tongue covers the bottom teeth.

oh thats okay lol i have always wonders becoz my dd always used too bite my nose couldnt imagine that on my nips suppose you will get used too it though :)

hopefully this time i was too BF for alot longer like 6 months couldnt with dd as she was touge tied so made it difficult as she wouldnt get anything so i dreid up lol

Yes, Not a lot but I am trying to wean my little 14 month old at the moment but its not working out too well shes loves booby so much :) xx

My 27 month old is still nursing at night and sometimes in the morning. It's mostly dry nursing, seems like my milk is going away. He doesn't care though, he will happily dry nurse to sleep. It is a comfort thing. He will sometimes just fall asleep with his hand in my bra. Some days are easier, other days it does make me nauseous. My nipples would get sore at the end, but that's about it. I would really like to wean him, but he's addicted to his boob.

I am breastfeeding my very nearly 2yo (2 on Monday :) this will be my 3rd time breastfeeding through pregnancy. My eldest bf through my 2nd pg and then I tandemed for 18months until she stopped when she was almost 4. Dd2 I bf through my 3rd pregnancy but she stopped when I was pg when she was about 2y2m. And here we are!! I am hoping to tandem again. My nipples are slightly tender but fine ATM And milk hasn't changed in volume or taste yet but I'm only 4+3 so there is plenty of time lol

Not in 2nd tri, but wanted to say hello and congrats! :hugs:
I'm still BF my just turned 2yo. My supply was pretty much gone by 14 weeks and she cut out quite a few feeds, but still BF before bedtime even though I have no milk at all. Just some comfort nursing. It's way more painful for me this time around though - I keep hoping that my nipples get a little less sensitive - it wasn't this bad with a newborn + cracked nipples OMG! I BF my son my last pregnancy, but he weaned once my supply was gone completely (he never comfort nursed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->