any other nurses expecting?

jalilma

Reaction score
I just got my bfp! Yeah! Nursing is a hard profession to be pregnant in... I am a pediatric home health nurse so I'm not on my feet a lot but I my client has cp and I have to do quite a few one person lifts because there isn't always a lift or a second person. So my question is obviously I don't want to tell my job too early... But I want to give them time to A. Find a replacement at my current case because I'm not going to be able to lift a 60 lb child at some point and B. Find me a case that doesn't require lifting. Anybody else in the same boat with me?

I'm a mental health nurse and have been struggling with the 12 hour shifts. .. plus my ward can b quite risky at times so I told my boss as soon as I found out; I'm able to do alot more office based work rather than hands on ..... I'm 7 weeks and feel exhausted x

Yeah I work 10s and sometimes 12s... Def. Dragging by the end of my shift. I feel like I should let my office know but don't want to jinx things (im superstitious sometimes)

Yep! Today I am totally EXHAUSTED! I work in outpatient clinic. M-TH business hrs, no holidays or weekends. (yahoooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Hey ive paid my dues!) Then i have a 16 month old boy at home. So to say im tired, is an understatement.

With my last daughter I worked as a cna in ltc 12 hour shifts up until the day before my week late induction... Get off at 11p. Induced at 7a... But that was almost 11 years ago... I don't know if my body can handle that type of abuse anymore! Hahahaha.

Yes I'm a neonatal nurse but my background is adult ICU (which is where I worked during my first pregnancy).
Obviously lifting isn't really an issue for me now due to my patients being so teeny tiny but the nightshifts are killing me!
From a lifting point of view, there should be manual handling procedures in place so that no one (pregnant or not) has to lift unsafely. You should tell your employer so that they can do an appropriate risk assessment. I've told a few people at work as certain drugs and obviously X-rays I have had to avoid xx

We are suppose to be no lift but my particular client has such strong tone esp. When startled that any mechanical lift just isn't safe for him at this point... But yes I think I will talk with them and see what they recommend. I don't want to be without a case.. Cause I need the income.. But I also want to be safe for myself and my client. Thanks ladies.

I'm OR nurse and the night shift is killing me! I work in a very busy OR, so when we get cases, they're pretty much always emergent/pt crashing through the door. I had to tell my employer as soon as I found out to avoid cases that need continous xray.

I'm an AMU nurse. I work 3 x 12 and a half hour shifts a week.
Due to the nature of the ward and assessment unit I had to tell my employer straight away this pregnancy and last pregnancy (we have emergency buzzers most shifts and unstable patients every shift).
My colleagues are all very sensible though and it's common knowledge that even though a pregnancy is public at work, it probably isn't elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->