Any other single mamas TTC here?

Starbuck88

Reaction score
Hi! I’m a 33 year old single woman with no desire for a relationship, looking to TTC on my own (with donor sperm).

I have 3 teenage children very close in age from a marriage when I was very young. I’ve always wanted another child and finally feel now is the time.

Are there any other single women here who are TTC with donor sperm? I hope I’m not the only one Especially as since I took the decision that I’m going to TTC this year it seems that my brain has gone very one-track and I can’t seem to stop thinking about it I’m only telling one or two real life friends and my mum and I’m sure they’ll get sick of hearing me go on about it so it would be great to talk more about this here!

I am! I'm 34 and this will be my first, I plan to start TTC June/July.

I am! I'm 34 and this will be my first, I plan to start TTC June/July.

Hey! Good luck on your TTC journey! I had my first insemination attempt with donor sperm yesterday. Apparently insemination has around a 25% success rate - fingers crossed now while I head into the agonising two week wait!

I'm also TTC with donor sperm, using an at-home insemination method! I'm 27, and this would be my first. My first attempt was on May 28th, I'm nearing the end of my TWW and having SO MANY symptoms. Today is 11dpo, tested this morning and got a BFN.

I'm also TTC with donor sperm, using an at-home insemination method! I'm 27, and this would be my first. My first attempt was on May 28th, I'm nearing the end of my TWW and having SO MANY symptoms. Today is 11dpo, tested this morning and got a BFN.

Oh, best of luck for the rest of your TWW! 11dpo may just be too early for tests to detect, especially if it took a while for the fertilised egg to travel down the Fallopian tubes and implant in the uterus, as the pregnancy hormone hcg doesn’t start building until implantation. I’ll keep everything crossed for you!

Oh, best of luck for the rest of your TWW! 11dpo may just be too early for tests to detect, especially if it took a while for the fertilised egg to travel down the Fallopian tubes and implant in the uterus, as the pregnancy hormone hcg doesn’t start building until implantation. I’ll keep everything crossed for you!
Thanks! I thought I had implantation cramps on 6dpo when I had this weird stitch in my side that sort of wrapped around my waist? It was a sharp pain for a few hours and then it turned into a dull ache that lasted the rest of the evening. I've never experienced anything like it before, but since it was only 6dpo, I wonder if maybe that was the ovary that the egg came out of and that was it emerging into the uterus or something?

Because then yesterday (10dpo) I started getting super mild cramps before bed. Like menstrual cramps, but mine are NEVER that mild. So I wonder if implantation might have happened yesterday?

When do you intend to start TTC?

Thanks! I thought I had implantation cramps on 6dpo when I had this weird stitch in my side that sort of wrapped around my waist? It was a sharp pain for a few hours and then it turned into a dull ache that lasted the rest of the evening. I've never experienced anything like it before, but since it was only 6dpo, I wonder if maybe that was the ovary that the egg came out of and that was it emerging into the uterus or something?

Because then yesterday (10dpo) I started getting super mild cramps before bed. Like menstrual cramps, but mine are NEVER that mild. So I wonder if implantation might have happened yesterday?

When do you intend to start TTC?

I have just made my first attempt - I had the insemination with donor sperm yesterday, so now starting out in the TWW, although my ovulation apparently occurs later in my cycle than most, so the first day of my missed period will be in 10 days time rather than 14. I’m going to really try hard not to test until my period is due, but I know I will probably cave in around 8dpo. Fingers crossed for the both of us! Hope you get your :bfp: soon x

I have just made my first attempt - I had the insemination with donor sperm yesterday, so now starting out in the TWW, although my ovulation apparently occurs later in my cycle than most, so the first day of my missed period will be in 10 days time rather than 14. I’m going to really try hard not to test until my period is due, but I know I will probably cave in around 8dpo. Fingers crossed for the both of us! Hope you get your :bfp: soon x
And I'm the opposite! My ovulation occurred on day 9 of my 25 day cycle. AF isn't due for another 5 days still.

Fingers crossed for you!

I woke up with a bad feeling, this might sound crazy, but I think I'm about to have a chemical? Wanna be TTC buddies?

And I'm the opposite! My ovulation occurred on day 9 of my 25 day cycle. AF isn't due for another 5 days still.

Fingers crossed for you!

I woke up with a bad feeling, this might sound crazy, but I think I'm about to have a chemical? Wanna be TTC buddies?

Sure, although I'm really hoping it takes this month as each attempt is insanely expensive. I only have enough savings for one more attempt after this right now, so if I don't catch this month or on the next attempt, it might be a while before I can try again, unless I decide to go down the route of a known donor and at home insemination, but I'd rather avoid that if possible due to the legal and health risks.

Sure, although I'm really hoping it takes this month as each attempt is insanely expensive. I only have enough savings for one more attempt after this right now, so if I don't catch this month or on the next attempt, it might be a while before I can try again, unless I decide to go down the route of a known donor and at home insemination, but I'd rather avoid that if possible due to the legal and health risks.
I completely understand. I have my fingers EXTRA crossed for you for that reason! I would never have been able to conceive using the clinic with IUI, I definitely looked into it and it would have been a few years before I could even THINK about affording it. There are already health concerns in my family when it comes to births, so I have to go for sooner rather than later, so I bit the bullet and went with a known.

Fingers crossed for you both! AF should be here by Tuesday, so hopefully I'll be in the TWW in the next few weeks!

Fingers crossed for you both! AF should be here by Tuesday, so hopefully I'll be in the TWW in the next few weeks!
Not this cycle for me. AF came on Saturday, 3 days early. Thought it might be implantation bleeding because it was much lighter than normal, but bloodwork came back negative yesterday. Oh well, this was only my first cycle, would have been really lucky if it had happened so quickly!

Well, unbelievably on my first cycle i have got my :bfp:! I cant believe it to be honest! I was completely prepared for this to fail - the clinic told me success rates were between 15% and I should expect anywhere from 4-6 attempts! I guess I will be moving over to the pregnancy boards :shock:

8A2D4A04-4DAF-41F0-A324-57CA7F54C823.jpeg

Not this cycle for me. AF came on Saturday, 3 days early. Thought it might be implantation bleeding because it was much lighter than normal, but bloodwork came back negative yesterday. Oh well, this was only my first cycle, would have been really lucky if it had happened so quickly!

Sorry to hear this. I will keep everything crossed for you for next cycle!

Last edited:

Thank you! Good luck in your TWW. I was driving myself mad in mine, spent every spare waking moment watching endless YouTube videos of other people taking pregnancy tests and talking about which symptoms they had :lol: Kept me occupied until I could test anyway! Really hope your TWW goes quickly and you get a positive result at the end of it! Really hoping to see some fellow single mamas by choice in the pregnancy boards! Will be keeping everything crossed for you!

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, but like you said, it's just the first cycle!

Thank you! Good luck in your TWW. I was driving myself mad in mine, spent every spare waking moment watching endless YouTube videos of other people taking pregnancy tests and talking about which symptoms they had :lol: Kept me occupied until I could test anyway! Really hope your TWW goes quickly and you get a positive result at the end of it! Really hoping to see some fellow single mamas by choice in the pregnancy boards! Will be keeping everything crossed for you!

Oh, how exciting! Those are beautiful lines! I hope I have your kind of luck, did you do in office IUI or at home? If IUI, medicated or unmedicated? Congrats, again!!!

Oh, how exciting! Those are beautiful lines! I hope I have your kind of luck, did you do in office IUI or at home? If IUI, medicated or unmedicated? Congrats, again!!!

I went to a clinic in Denmark because the prices were more competitive than here in the UK:

Insemination (IUI) | Treatment | Vitanova

Thank you. I hope you do too! I had some appointments and scans here and then went to Denmark for the insemination. I did not have any medication, but this was offered to me as an option; I didn't think it was necessary and didn't want to increase the risk of a multiple pregnancy, though I might have taken this option up if I didn't catch in the first cycle, to increase my chances, as I could only really have afforded one more crack at it! Super excited that now I get to take those remaining savings and do a big baby shop after my scan confirms viability :wohoo:

@Starbuck88 , how are things going? I've done 2 at home ICI now, and nothing yet, but I'm still gonna try at home for another cycle or so and then move. to IUI.

@Starbuck88 , how are things going? I've done 2 at home ICI now, and nothing yet, but I'm still gonna try at home for another cycle or so and then move. to IUI.

Hey, I was incredibly lucky and got pregnant on my first round of IUI, but less lucky in that it’s been a very rough pregnancy so far with Hyperemesis gravidarum - I have felt sick all day every day pretty much since before my BFP - and apparently I am high risk for everything so lots of antenatal clinic appointments to attend. But of course still very grateful for the pregnancy and excited for baby!

Sorry to hear you haven’t had success yet, but I am sure that is quite normal even in a clinic - they did advise me that success rates were around 15% and I should expect it to take around 4-6 attempts. I will keep my fingers crossed for you in your next cycle! [-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->