Any overweight mummies with normal previous births?

LostandFound

Reaction score
Hi ladies, any mummies out there who are overweight who have had normal births?

I have one toddler. The pregnancy was OK until about 36 weeks when I started to get high blood-pressure and pre-eclampsia. She was born via induction at 37 weeks, but a good size at 6lbs 3oz. It was a very fast induction process and no tearing thankfully. The recovery was pretty decent too and she is a healthy and happy little girl.

Looking back, there are things I would change though. I would allow a lot less stressful elements in my life during the pregnancy, i would minimise stress, take more exercise and better care in pregnancy. I'd also trying to go home sooner after the birth as those few days in hospital afterwards were the worst.

I'd love to hear from mums who are overweight but still have had positive experiences of pregnancy. I felt very put down by the health services and consequently felt i didn't have enough trust in my own body to go through birth. I am actually heavier this time round but want things to be so different to last time. Would love to chat to others in a similar position.

I'm on my 4th pregnancy and have so far had 3 normal births, relatively easy 1st 8 hours 2nd 3 hours and 3rd 4 hours. All with gas and air No problems at all hopeing no 4 is nice a easy too. Was biggest in my first probably a UK 20/22 and then 18/20 2nd and 3/4th 16/18. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->