Any paranormal investigators here?

GingerPanda

1DD LTTCRPL + NTNP#2
Reaction score
I've been interested in the paranormal (ghosts, spirits, hauntings) for as long as I can remember. I got involved in paranormal investigations as a teenager.

I haven't done it in quite a while, but I have been on some pretty amazing investigations!

I was just curious to see if anyone else was involved or interested in it, as all I see in this forum are things about psychics. (Not a believer!)

Hi! :)

I wouldn't call myself a paranormal investigator but I have been to a couple of organised overnight vigils in haunted houses in the past. None since having my daughter as I just don't have the time :( but I'd love to get back into it one day.

Tell me about some of your experiences!

Hi! :wave:

Some of my best overnights have been in shut-down prisons. I have investigated both West Virginia State Penitentiary and Mansfield Penitentiary. For some reason, when a place is really active, I almost always get touched.

I actually got groped at WVSP in a max-security cell that had belonged to a guy who was stabbed to death in front of his cell. We asked him what it was like to be the only guy with girls in his cell, and both me and another chick jumped at the same time. We both felt a hand grope really high up on our inner thighs. :haha:

I also saw several moving shadows at that location, and heard some screams. We got a couple of EVPs.

At Mansfield, I got clawed down the back of my leg. In the library, there were books and magazines from when the prison was still open littered all over the floor. Someone we were working with had this thing called a "ghost box" which plays white noise constantly at a frequency spirits are supposed to be able to speak through or something (I never really believed in it, but this is weird). So this thing has not said a word or made a sound other than white noise for 20 minutes as we walk around the prison. Suddenly it goes "LIBRARY". So we walked to the library and started asking questions. "Who are you?" "Why are you here?" etc while we walk around. The box doesn't say anything. Then, as I walk up to the counter, someone asks "What were you sentenced for?" and the box goes "MURDER". I reach the counter, and the box goes "BOOK". There was a dust-covered book in front of me, so I opened it while someone asked "Were you guilty?" The box goes "NO" then "ANGEL" then "BOOK. 27." I thought "no freaking way", but I flipped to page 27 of the book (it was about agriculture, so just a random book), and on that page, there was a faded pencil sketch of an angel in the margins. About that time, I felt something gently playing with my hair. There was no breeze, and I wasn't near anything but the counter, so I wasn't brushing my hair against anything. It was the weirdest thing.

I've had a door slam itself in my face in someone's house. I also watched a shadow that moved like it was made out of liquid shoot through someone's kitchen and through their closed basement door.

I have plenty more experiences! Tell me some of yours! :D

Wow, very cool stories GP! I can't think of any supernatural experiences that I've had but I love reading about this stuff.

I had to come over her and hear about your experiences! I loooove investigations but I've never been involved in one myself and I'm sure I'm probably too big of a wuss to do it anyway. :haha:

I love the spirit box, I see it on Ghost Adventures (don't laugh!) sometimes, I think it's my favorite tool they use. I love that show, I think it's the only one that's not totally faked and I love how Zach if slightly dimwitted and Aaron used to be the big baby. So much fun!

Lol, JJ, I watch them too. For fun, anyway. I don't think they're as fake as Ghost Hunters (which I know for a fact has a lot of faked stuff in it). I actually was part of the KY branch of Everyday Paranormal (Ghost Lab, used to be on Discovery) for a while. We were going to be on an episode, but it ended up being cancelled.

I'm here....shaking in my boots https://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared003.gif

I found a way to share my EVPs without having to make them into videos for YouTube! :thumbup:

These were recorded by my small group we had during my short run at college. They were recorded in a place called Sensabaugh Tunnel, which is kinda an urban legend in those parts. Keep in mind that we didn't hear any of these at the time of recording.

"Keep away!"

"Pick it up!" (After I say Robert threw something. EVP is at 4sec.)

"What?" (After I tell the ghost it can talk into the red light [the recorder] in my hand.)

Prior to Britney, this ghost was telling us to "Work!" [bitch]

"Wait, you fucker!"

"Slut!"

I saved the creepiest for last:
[Unexplained whistling]

[Crazy noises]

These are pulled from camera audio at WV State Pen (the actual audio recordings have been lost):

A sigh over our talking. We must have been boring.

Not sure what this one says, but it might be "Let me out!"

OMG! Can't wait to get off work so I can have a listen even though I won't be able to sleep afterwards lol:argh:

Hahaha! I love this stuff. They make live recorders now that have headphones so you can hear the noises and voices while you're recording rather than going back to discover them later. I want one! :winkwink:

I'm sooooo slow! But I finally found the time (and courage :blush:) to have a listen! :haha: Very cool...you probably have to really really listen to even notice that some of that was on there. I wish I could go on an investigation! :thumbup:

Ohhh I bet there are lots of cool places to do them here too! Hmmm, if I wanted to find people that do that here...where do you think I would begin to look? :shrug:

The internet. :haha:

Any established group should have one.

yea, but I was thinking if I just enter "paranormal investigation" I'm gonna get people offering services....I want to meet people to become friends! there is some paranormal chat room? lol

I would just email them and tell them you're interested in what they do. You want to meet them and see what they're about. Most groups have scheduled meetings where they all meet up and discuss what's going on. If they DON'T want to meet you, they're assholes anyway. This is how they get new members! And if you don't want to go on investigations, groups are usually still nice. If you wanted to join just as someone to keep in touch with clients, or even just watch 8 hours of video footage that probably has nothing on it. :haha:

It's so late I can't put my experience s here yet but I am totally into paranormal investigating! Wish I could now but the kiddos are still to little for me to go off and do it :( I didn't know ghost hunters was fake? They used to work with rocky mountain paranormal on their cases occasionally. Is ghost s adventures good? Haven't seen it yet!

Yeah, GH kinda got blinded by money and screwing over their other members. Let's just say that Donna didn't leave because of her condition. She left because she was being asked to falsify evidence among other things. Most of those guys left because they weren't comfortable doing what they were being asked to do.

I miss Ghost Lab. Those guys were awesome. I also like Ghost Adventures. They always have a couple of episodes on Hulu, and I think on Netflix. Ghost Lab is on Netflix, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->