Any petite mums here?

PrettyFlowers

Reaction score
I'm on the look out for petite mums! :flower:

I have always been a bit curious as to whether I'll struggle given my size during pregnancy and birth (Mainly birth!)

I'm 19, 5'3 and on the dot of 7st (100 pounds). It always sounds quite little when I type it out, but I really don't look too thin. I guess that's cause I'm fairly short too, so it all looks in proportion!

Did any of you girls struggle with anything? Did you start showing sooner?

The only thing i struggled with was terrible stretch marks :-(
Um,.can't say if i showed earlier or not because i did with my big babies but not with my small ones. So it was very dependent on them, not me.

I'm 5'1 started at 100lbs didn't start showing till now 24weeks I still fit into all my jeans and blazers I just have my baby belly, I use clarins body tonic oil no stretch marks so far!

With my first I started out 5'1" and 105. I didn't start to show until 24-25 weeks. Literally not even a bump or bloat. Then bam! There it was. I didn't have any stretch marks on my belly but had TONS on my boobs as I was an A cup to a D before I had baby then swollen and engorged I am sure even bigger. So yah they have lots but you can't see them. GL

I'm 5'1, with my first I was around 105-110 pounds, I'm heavier now at 132, so a fair bit heavier BUT I'm only just in the "healthy" bmi range.... so still not terrible

With my first, I didn't get a bump until around 7 months pregnant! And my boobs didn't really get any bigger either, the plus side is that I don't have a single stretch mark from pregnancy. Annoyingly they assumed I would have a small baby and kept sending me for growth scans (which are so wrong it is laughable) anyways I had a perfectly average 7lb 7 baby. Also a VERY easy delivery, of 4 hours with no tearing etc :)

Makes me laugh when bigger ladies would remark on the hard time I would have, because of my small figure and "lack of hips.. haha

I'm not showing yet at 18 weeks with my second and I weigh the same as my booking in app weight.
Will see how this one goes !

I'm 5'1, with my first I was around 105-110 pounds, I'm heavier now at 132, so a fair bit heavier BUT I'm only just in the "healthy" bmi range.... so still not terrible

With my first, I didn't get a bump until around 7 months pregnant! And my boobs didn't really get any bigger either, the plus side is that I don't have a single stretch mark from pregnancy. Annoyingly they assumed I would have a small baby and kept sending me for growth scans (which are so wrong it is laughable) anyways I had a perfectly average 7lb 7 baby. Also a VERY easy delivery, of 4 hours with no tearing etc :)

Makes me laugh when bigger ladies would remark on the hard time I would have, because of my small figure and "lack of hips.. haha

I'm not showing yet at 18 weeks with my second and I weigh the same as my booking in app weight.
Will see how this one goes !

It is all about the head size and not the weight of the baby LOL

I'm 5'1" and normally 105 pounds. I don't show soon, and have a very little bump during my entire pregnancy! :) I didn't struggle with anything, and didn't even get stretch marks (crossing my fingers for this time too, haha).

I'm 5'2'' & UK size 6/8. I started showing at about 25 weeks with the first but I only put on 16lbs in total. I measured a bit behind all the way through but he was 8lb 4oz & there were no problems with pushing him out (other than extreme pain obviously!) Lost all the weight quickly with bfing & no stretch marks.

I think with stretch marks its down to luck. I'm already bigger second time around, I haven't put any weight on yet but there's a bump

I'm 5'2" started out at 115lbs now 122lbs. I'm 24 weeks tomorrow. I started showing around 20 weeks. I had a little bump at 18 but nothing big. By 20 I was noticeably pregnant. So far no stretch marks. But I try to keep my weight at a steady pace because it helps to reduce the chances of getting them. Too bad my boobs don't know I'm pregnant yet lol

I'm not "petite" as in tiny, in general.. I'm 5'8" and about 135lbs, so I'm slender. I stretched out quite a lot, unfortunately.. and got TONS of stretch marks (purple) all over my butt, hips, boobs, etc. Only about 10 or so on my tummy the last week or so.. but over a year later, they are all silver and barely visible!

hello :D

i am 21 and just found out i am expecting :)happydance:) i am 5 foot 1 but overweight at 147 pounds :blush:

I'm 5ft 3" about 160cm and a size 8-10. It took me like 4 weeks after getting pregnant for my Jeans and Track pants to not fit properly. Being 10 weeks now, I am not really showing yet but I cant even wear pants, Jeans or Shorts cause they just feel too tight so I have changed my wardrobe to dresses. Thankfully being Spring now its warm enough to get away with long dresses.

I was the exact same as you with my first! 5'3", 97lbs, 19, haha. I did get stretch marks but only because I had preeclampsia and gained weight quickly in the last 10 weeks. I did have problems with labor and LO got stuck in my pelvis. I'm the same size now with my 2nd!

I'm 5'5" and UK size 6/8.. I was wondering exactly the same thing.
Always been told I don't have "child bearing hips"... we shall see. haha.

So a mixed pot then ladies! I do actually have quite wide hips (well I think, anyway!) so I'm hoping I'll be okay!

I'm 5ft and with the weight I gained I've gained so far I am 8 stone i'm a 8-10, already showing but I could have guessed I would as this is my second. with my first I think I was about 18 19 weeks before I showed. I had a small bump through out with him, but I think that was down to him having IUGR, he was born early and weighed a tiny 4lb 6oz. Not sure whether this one will be small as well but i'm classed as high risk so will find out soon enough.

I'm 5'3" and started out at around 126 ish I think. I showed really early, but I did have a lot of bloating. Now at 20 weeks I'm very obviously pregnant. I have gotten any stretch marks on my belly, just on my boobs and inner thighs.

I'm 5'3'' and 7st too. But I definitely have child bearing hips it's the biggest part of me!

I have a bump but its partly a lot of bloat I think at 13 weeks!

I know ill get stretch marks as I think that's just genetics & I got them on my hips & bum as a teenager.

I'm 5ft 3 and was 128lbs when I was pregnant with my son. I was a UK 8 but I was busty, so I looked like I should have weighed less. I barely had a noticeable bump until 24 weeks and even at 32 weeks it was a surprise to some people I was pregnant. I ended up gaining 23lbs in total (7lbs in the last fortnight) and had a long baby weighing 8lbs. The midwife who was with me during the day was shocked at his size. My son did end up being a forcep birth as he got stuck, however that was more to do with him being b2b and engaging early so he was a little cone head :) I do think being a swimmer and having an anterior placenta helped to keep him hidden.

In contrast my size 6, 5ft 1 sister, had a huge bump. Her bump pic at 6mths was bigger than mine 3 days before I went into labour! She ended up carrying a lot of water. I think much of it is luck really and your baby's position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->