Any prem mums expecting again??

hopefully2

Reaction score
Hey all,

My dd was born at 27+6 weeks almost 2 years ago and thank god is a healthy happy toddler now.
I'm now 15 weeks pregnant (the same gestation when the complications started last time!) and wondering is there anyone else going through pregnancy after a prem.
I've been to the high risk clinic and had a mini scan and baby was jumping around so trying to be nice and positive.

Me! :) I had Poppy at 34 weeks (+2) and am now almost 34 weeks pregnant so the next few days are going to be a bit nervewracking!

I have had a few additional scans this time round, but they don't know why Poppy came early so can't really pin it down to anything in particular. I am just keeping everything crossed that this one goes the distance.

I have tried to enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible and not get paranoid about every little niggle. It's hard though but try your best to relax and not get too worried about it happening again.

Me!!!

I had Reagan on christmas day 2005 due to the sudden and severe onset of pre-eclampsia toxemia...I was 29+4 and she weighed 2lbs 5ozs and spent seven weeks in hospital.

Nearly 5 years on and I am 19 weeks pregnant again...after a hell of a lot of careful consideration...I am practically living at the hospital as most of my care is consultant led, I am having extra scans too...and was put on aspirin and calcium at 12 weeks.

I have to admit I am not enjoying this pregnancy through the worry of it happening again, so because of that I do feel I have distanced myself a bit from it all :nope:

Ah great to see more prem parents.
i'm not doing too bad with relaxing except this week which is the week it all started for me last time. I think when this week is over i'll be back to thinking every pregnancy is different and take it as it comes.
They have no reason for my premature labour either, i bled from week 15 till i delivered but they never found a reason.
Glad to hear we are all doing ok so far and being well looked after.

Me too! Had my LO at 28 weeks. Also finding it hard to relax in this pregnancy!!

Hey sue?

Did you get a reason fro the prematurity?
How's your lo now?

Hey sue?

Did you get a reason fro the prematurity?
How's your lo now?

Hi Hopyfully2, i had pre eclampsia and that is why my LO had to be delivered early. Are you being seen often for this pregnancy? I had a consultant appointment today and they wont see me again i am 28 weeks which concerns me a bit as i developed my problems at 23 weeks last time!

Hey sue,

yeah thats a bit of a gap alright!! Are you to even see your gp between visits? I would have thought your blood pressure would have to be taken more regularly than that.

I was seen at 5 and 13 weeks and won't be seen again till 21 weeks but i'm to go to my gp inbetween. it worried me too as all my probs started at 15 weeks but i'm 16 weeks now and no signs to hopefully i won't have a reason to go back to the hospital till the 21 weeks.

To the rest of the girls, how's it all going? Didn't think i was too nervous but realised little things like i didn't really announce i was pregnant for a while nad haven't thought of names etc so reckon it is playing on my mind more than i realise!

Hi
Well done on getting to 16 weeks with no problems. Hopefully you'll sail through the rest of the pregnancy with no problems and go to term :)

I am really pleased to have made it to 35 weeks and am starting to get excited about the prospect of having a term baby :happydance: Still a little way to go yet I know, but every additional day/week is a celebration here :D

Good luck, let us know how you get on x

Oh wow bec, 35 weeks! Thats my last milestone i hope to reach, as there is every chance baby could go straight home with you.
You must be so thrilled to have got there.
Well done x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"