any premmies born 3 months early?

Hi,

Going through the exact same thing at the moment. I had Evie on 22nd Dec 2010 weighing 2lb 8 i was 27 wk pregnant.

She is now 13lb 6 and 8 months old (5 corrected). I find she needs constant stimulation and she gets bored quickly. I've found baby t.v channel a god send! she will lay there with her toys and jus stares at the telly and i can actually get stuff done round the house lol. I know it sounds like i just plonk her infront of the telly but baby t.v is designed to stimulate their brains and has big shapes colours etc so its good for her development. I too hope that when she can sit up unaided it will be easier but who knows.

Msg me anytime x

For the Jumperoo I think head contol is the important factor - as short legs and small bodies can be padded out with blankets, but they need to have pretty good head control to cope with the wobbling etc of the Jumperoo.

Ours isn't actually a Jumperoo, but similar as we got it 2nd hand for £12 :happydance:, and looking back at the photos we started putting one of the twins in it when he was about 5 months old, so 2.5 corrected, as he could hold is head up before he left SCBU. The other twin did not go in until he was just over 3 months corrected.

mylittlebud - where abouts in kent are you? We are down Canterbury way and were in Ashford SCBU at the end of Jan, so may have overlapped with you????

I'm not so great at uploading images but if you have a look here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....419123711145.204436.601666145&type=1&theater

maybe that might work and you should be able to see the album! :)

Albatross

YES WE WERE!!?! Evie was transfered to medway on the 31st january this year. she was in intensive care when transferred, Evie's nurses were Tina, Louise, Kate, linzi?

How are your babies doing, evie is well. :)

Hey. my LO was born in march this year 12 n half weeks early. Some days i find it really hard, hes not into toys yet, hasnt got the coordination to grab things n is pretty much like a new born, just lyes in his moses basket, play gym or bouncy chair n some days its frusrating but then he looks at me and (hes just learnt to smile) and gives me the biggest grin n i realise its a bloody miracle hes here at all and he will do those things, when hes ready n i will b so proud wen he does!! if u wana talk and u have fb add me its Haylie Lowe if not i can give u my email :)

what age corrected do people think a jumperoo would work well? Need head control and legs need to touch floor tho could pad out with blankets like albatross did ;)

confused - wow your boy is rollin thats great!!! ours were born 14th march! so similar!

hey toothfairy - awww 1 on fri sooo cute! would love to see a piccie! I'm finding it hard going atm keeping them entertained and happy!

Sophie's birthday is 14th March too but she was born in 2010 :)

She got a jumperoo for Christmas last year and loved it - she was a bit small so we had to put a cushion under it for her feet. xx

hi freddiesmum have added you on fb :)

Hey katy - awww still can't believe we're 14th march it was supposed to be 10th may! lol!! Thanks for jumperoo advice :)

mylittlebud - I also use tv all the different shapes and colours really interests them for a while so it helps keep them stimulated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->